In a sign President Trump’s base continues to support him, 40% of voters agree he is the victim of a political “lynching,” according to a new USA Today/Suffolk University poll.
Still, 54% of those polled disagree.
USA Today noted that while the President’s core supporters do not make up a majority of the electorate, they do give him a political foundation that energizes him.
Here are how the results on the new poll break down, as follows:
- 78% of Fox viewers say his possible impeachment is a political “lynching.”
- 2% of MSNBC viewers agree it would be a political “lynching.”
- 10% of CNN viewers say it would be a political “lynching.”
- 47% say Trump should not be convicted by the Senate in an impeachment trial and removed from office, compared to 46%, who believe he should.
- 73% predict Trump will not be removed from office.
The poll, conducted Oct. 23-26, surveyed 1,000 registered voters. It has a margin of error of + or- 3 percentage points.
Making and Keeping America Great!
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Wildfire Smoke Blankets Sydney, Residents Warned: “stay inside” - November 18, 2019
- Top Gold Miner Stocks Year to Date - November 18, 2019
- President Trump Will Continue to Defend the US Economy (Video) - November 18, 2019