Fully 33% of Americans say the mainstream news media is “the enemy of the people,” a new Hill-Harris X poll reveals.
And 67% said the “news media is an important part of a democracy.”
Here is how the poll breaks down:
- 51% of Republicans say the press is “the enemy of the people.’
- 14% of Democrats say the news media is “the enemy.”
- 35% of independents say the press is “the enemy.”
The Hill noted President Trump has labeled specific news outlets as the “enemy of the people.”
The poll, conducted between 29-30 June, surveyed 1,000 registered voters. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
Have a terrific Holiday weekend.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Bulls Dread S&P 500 Earnings Outlook Downgrades - October 22, 2019
- Media’s Efforts to Impeach President Trump Exposed - October 21, 2019
- “US is the Only Economy That is Really Growing” - October 21, 2019