Fully 33% of Americans say the mainstream news media is “the enemy of the people,” a new Hill-Harris X poll reveals.
And 67% said the “news media is an important part of a democracy.”
Here is how the poll breaks down:
- 51% of Republicans say the press is “the enemy of the people.’
- 14% of Democrats say the news media is “the enemy.”
- 35% of independents say the press is “the enemy.”
The Hill noted President Trump has labeled specific news outlets as the “enemy of the people.”
The poll, conducted between 29-30 June, surveyed 1,000 registered voters. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
Have a terrific Holiday weekend.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Wall Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Report - February 24, 2020
- President Trump’s “Your Fired” List has been Prepared - February 24, 2020
- Commentary: Paul Ebeling on Wall Street - February 23, 2020