Petco today announced the launch of the Petco Pet Wellness Council (PPWC). An independent coalition of leading experts in veterinary science and animal care. Who will inform both company – and industry-wide education and evolution in support of overall pet health and wellness. The inaugural meeting of the Petco Pet Wellness Council is taking place today July 30, in San Diego.
The newly established PPWC will serve as both an external source of advice. And counsel to Petco leadership on a range of topics across the pet-care industry. And also guide the development and aggregation of credible pet care science to help educate pet care professionals. Ultimately, all who care for pets.
“Petco has been committed to helping pets live healthier, happier lives for more than 50 years.” Said Petco CEO Ron Coughlin. “Today, we’re focused on driving real, tangible change and progress in how we fulfill that commitment. By serving and caring for the complete health and wellness of pets. But we can’t do it alone. With the PPWC, we’re bringing together some of the industry’s top experts. These thought leaders will provide new, science-based perspectives to inform our understanding and approach. Especially to challenges and opportunities across our business and the pet care world. The Petco Pet Wellness Council is a critical element to ensuring both Petco and the rest of the industry continue to serve the best interest of pets and anyone who cares for them. From professionals to pet parents, from today and into the future.”
The Petco Pet Wellness Council is comprised of the following:
- Dr. Sean Delaney, DVM, MS, DACVN – Board-certified veterinary nutritionist and founder of Davis Veterinary Medical Consulting in Davis, CA
- Dr. Thomas Edling, DVM, MSpVM, MPH – Veterinarian and veterinary consultant to the pet industry regarding pet avian an exotic medicine and infectious and zoonotic diseases.
- Dr. Alexandra Horowitz, MS, PhD – Author and Professor, Sr. Research Fellow and Head of Dog Cognition Lab at Barnard College, Columbia University
- Dr. Nicole Leibman, DVM, MS, DACVIM – Board-certified veterinary oncologist and Director of The Cancer Institute, the Animal Medical Center, New York City, New York
- Dr. Whitney Miller, DVM, MBA, DACVPM – Director of Veterinary Medicine, Petco; Board certified in veterinary preventive medicine
- Dr. Tammy Sadek, DVM, DAVBP – Board-certified veterinarian specializing in feline practice, author, lecturer and founder of two feline specialty hospitals and Cat Hyperthyroid Radioactive Iodine Services
- Dr. Jonathan Stockman, DVM, DACVN – Board-certified veterinary nutritionist and head of the Clinical Nutrition Service at James L. Voss Veterinary Teaching Hospital at Colorado State University
- Dr. Lori Teller, DVM, DABVP, CVJ – Board certified by the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners in canine and feline practice, and Clinical Associate Professor, Telehealth, Dept. of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University
“Establishing the Petco Pet Wellness Council is another step forward in reaffirming Petco’s leadership as a trusted partner among pet care professionals,” said Petco’s Director of Veterinary Medicine, Dr. Whitney Miller, who will serve as the company’s representative on the Council. “We look forward to digging in deep with this esteemed group of experts to ensure Petco continues to raise the bar in pet care science and education.”
Latest posts by Ivy Heffernan (see all)
- Split Personality (Dissociative Identity Disorder ) - December 27, 2019
- 7 Best Things to do on Christmas EVE - December 24, 2019
- Black Panther 2 Released Date Confirmed For 2020 - August 25, 2019