Of the 101 Top Rated Pizza Makers in the US, 10 are in California
New York and Chicago are known for having great pizza, but California also has some of the best pizza places in the country, according to a new list by The Daily Meal.
The Daily Meal set out to find the best pizza in the US, ranking 101 slices from pizzerias in 19 states and the District of Columbia. New York dominated this year’s rankings with 36 establishments making the list.
California came in 2nd place on the list of the 101 Best Pizzas in America for 2018, with 10 spots making the cut.
The Daily Meal has ranked America’s best pizzas since Y 2012, and about 1,000 pizzas makers were considered this year, according to the authors at the foodie website.
“We then called upon a blue-chip, geographically diverse list of pizza panelists: chefs, restaurant critics, bloggers, writers, and just plain pizza authorities asking them to vote only for places where they’ve actually eaten,” the authors said. “All told, 59 qualified experts weighed in this year.”
For the 2nd year running, the white clam pie at Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana in Connecticut ranked as the best pizza in the US.
“Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana retains its crown as America’s finest pizzeria,” the authors said. “This is a checklist destination, 1 you will have to make a pilgrimage to if you want to discuss the topic of America’s best pizza with any authority.”
These are the 10 pizza places in California that made the list:
- Pizzeria Mozza, Los Angeles (No. 23)
- Squash blossoms, tomato, burrata mozzarella, tomato sauce
- Tony’s Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco (No. 28)
- Pizzeria Delfina, San Francisco (No. 46)
- Salsiccia Pizza: housemade fennel sausage, tomato, bell pepper, onion, mozzarella
- The Cheeseboard, Berkeley (No. 47)
- Changes daily
- Flour + Water, San Francisco (No. 54)
- Jon & Vinny’s, Los Angeles (No. 61)
- Sonny’s Favorite: grilled Nueske’s bacon, mozzarella, tomato, onion, Grana Padano
- Vito’s Pizza, Los Angeles (No. 62)
- Cheese Pie
- Arizmendi Bakery, San Francisco (No. 73)
- Changes daily
- Del Popolo, San Francisco (No. 74)
- PizzaHacker, San Francisco (No. 75)
Click here to see The Daily Meal’s complete list of 101 Best Pizzas in America.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively
Latest posts by HEFFX Australia (see all)
- Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) Plans to Add Over 52 New Service Centers in 2021 - October 30, 2020
- Bitcoin: BTC/USD (BTC=X) Repeating History? - October 30, 2020
- Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) Technicals and Price Points You Need to Know - October 30, 2020