No Nay Never Brings Big Money Goffs
No Nay Never has made a simply sensational start to his stallion career thanks to the likes of Saturday’s G1 Middle Park Stakes hero Ten Sovereigns (2c No Nay Never-Seeking Solace, by Exceed And Excel).
And his second crop understandably proved hot properties at Goffs on Tuesday, headed by a €700,000 filly from the family of High Chaparral.
M V Magnier fought off spirited opposition from the likes of Shawn Dugan and Kerri Radcliffe to secure the filly, who was offered from Flash Conroy’s Glenvale Stud.
“She is an absolute beauty and Flash has always had a very high opinion of her. That is something that you always have to take note of,” said Magnier.
“The sire is flying at the moment and it was great to see him win the Middle Park on Saturday with Ten Sovereigns, whom Donnacha [O’Brien] feels could be a pretty special horse for us next year.
“When he died, Scat Daddy was a huge loss, but the signs for his sons are very encouraging. With what No Nay Never has done this season and with Caravaggio and Justify coming along, we feel that we have some very exciting stallion sons of Scat Daddy to look forward to.”
A fabulous day for No Nay Never also included prices of €245,000 (De 5 Stjerner APS), €210,000 (Form Bloodstock), €160,000 (Form Bloodstock), €150,000 (Rabbah Blooodstock), €135,000 (Michael Roy), €110,000 (Ric Wylie), €105,000 (Joseph O’Brien), €100,000 (Justin Casse) etc.
The leading first crop sire in 2018, his first 2YO’s include…
- Ten Sovereigns – unbeaten 3-time winner including the G1 Middle Park Stakes & G3 Round Tower Stakes for Aidan O’Brien.
- Land Force – 3-time winner including the G2 Richmond Stakes & Listed Tipperary Stakes for Aidan O’Brien. Placed in the G2 Norfolk Stakes.
- Servalan – won the Listed Fillies’ Sprint Stakes at Naas over 6f.
- Mae Never No – dual winner for Wesley Ward including the Colleen Stakes at Monmouth Park by 7 lengths. Placed in the Tremont Stakes.
- Neverland Rock – novice stakes winner at Newmarket over 7f. for Richard Hannon & Phoenix Thoroughbred Limited. Runner-up in the G2 Superlative Stakes.
- The Irish Rover – won a conditions stakes at Newbury over 6f. for Aidan O’Brien by 2½ lengths. Third in the G1 Phoenix Stakes.
- We Go – easy 2-length winner of the Prix Riverman at Maisons-Laffitte for Henri-Alex Pantally. Third in the G3 Prix de Cabourg at Deauville.
- Cosmic Law – dual winner for Richard Fahey including the Woodcote Stakes at Epsom.
- Chestnut Honey – winner of the Premio Stresa in Italy for A. Botti and placed in the Listed Premio Giuseppe de Montel.
Other winners include Parkers Hill, Art Du Val, North Wind, Kafu, All The Kings Men, No Needs Never, No Way Jose, Jonah Jones, Hammersmith, Beechwood Ella, Vanilla Gold, Lady Madison, Nayslayer, Nikisophia etc.
Latest posts by S. Jack Heffernan Ph.D (see all)
- Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris at ParisLongchamp - April 22, 2019
- Australia’s Horse Racing and Breeding Industry Needs Strong Political Representation - April 13, 2019
- Ben Currie Vs Darren Weir: Extremes are Hurting Australian Racing - April 12, 2019