Just In: United Airlines (NYSE:UAL) announced that passengers who refuse to wear masks will be put on an internal no-fly list and will be banned from boarding future flights. The airline said the policy will start taking effect Thursday and last for a minimum of 60 days, adding that the policy is being put into place to protect passengers and crew from contracting the coronavirus.
US airlines are increasingly asking passengers to wear face masks or not fly. And, as they boost enforcement of the new rules, they warn that refusing to do so could get you on a banned list for future flights.
A conservative media person who was booted from a flight because he refused to wear a mask said American Airlines (NYSE:AAL) personnel said it was “against the law” for him not to wear it, even though there is no such law.
Several airlines are adopting the mask rules and issuing similar banned threats for refusing to comply.
- Some public health groups say wearing face masks during the C-19 coronavirus chaos crucial and others say masks have limited benefit
- The CDC originally did not recommend mass face mask wearing because of fears of shortage of the masks for healthcare personnel
- Some scientific studies show face masks represent no benefit in stopping the transmission of C-19 coronavirus
- Some C-19 coronavirus experts have concluded that face masks are dangerous
- Wearers of face masks must also use scrupulous hand hygiene to receive significant protection
Research that appeared in April 2020 on medRxiv found that: “The evidence is not sufficiently strong to support widespread use of facemasks as a protective measure against COVID-19. However, there is enough evidence to support the use of facemasks for short periods of time by particularly vulnerable individuals when in transient higher risk situations.”
Enjoy your travels, follow the current rules avoid more chaos.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- F1: PIRELLI GROSSER PREIS DER STEIERMARK 2020, on the GRID - July 11, 2020
- The Difference Between Private Jet Charter and 1st Class Flying - July 11, 2020
- Saturated Fat Is Our Friend, Chicken is Killing Us - July 11, 2020