New Zealand Dollar: NZD/USD (NZD=X) break above 0.68 to see further upside
- NZD/USD is trading around 0.68 handle at 0545 GMT, up 0.02% at the time of writing.
- The pair has bounced off strong support at 200-DMA and we see weakness only on break below.
- Price action is holding above 5-DMA and technical studies are turning slightly bullish.
- The pair finds stiff resistance at 0.68 to 0.6811 zone and decisive break above will see further upside.
- Next major hurdle above lies at 0.6843 (61.8% Fib), ahead of trendline resistance at 0.6925.
- Rejection at 21-EMA and break below 200-DMA will see test of 0.67 mark (trendline support).
Overall, the bias in prices is: Sideways.
The projected upper bound is: 0.69.
The projected lower bound is: 0.67.
The projected closing price is: 0.68.
A white body occurred (because prices closed higher than they opened).
During the past 10 bars, there have been 4 white candles and 6 black candles for a net of 2 black candles. During the past 50 bars, there have been 24 white candles and 25 black candles for a net of 1 black candles.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 50.7462. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 1 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 50.08. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 80 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -37. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 1 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 7 period(s) ago.
Rex Takasugi – TD Profile
FOREX NZD= closed up 0.001 at 0.681. Volume was 67% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 33% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume___
0.680 0.682 0.678 0.681 15,899
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 0.68 0.68 0.67
Volatility: 8 10 10
Volume: 41,615 44,791 50,124
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FOREX NZD= is currently 1.0% above its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is extremely low when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that there will be an increase in volatility along with sharp price fluctuations in the near future. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of NZD= at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on NZD= and have had this outlook for the last 7 periods.
Latest posts by HEFFX Australia (see all)
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) facing a unique new challenger in Walt Disney - May 17, 2019
- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) crushed Q1 views, but sales growth has been slowing - May 17, 2019
- Elon Musk suffered a brutal rebuke this week after major Tesla investor T. Rowe Price revealed that it had dumped 81% of its Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock - May 17, 2019