Breeze Up videos for New Zealand Bloodstock’s 2017 Ready to Run Sale of 2YOs are now available for viewing online.
393 youngsters breezed into gustily winds down the home straight at Te Rapa Racecourse earlier this week. Filmed and timed for their last 200 metres of work, a full spreadsheet of times can also be downloaded from the online catalogue.
The overall quality of horses that breezed up emulates a strong catalogue on type set to be offered at Karaka on 22 & 23 November. Vendors, once again, have done an outstanding job in educating them this far and continue to present drafts that are a source of top-quality performers around the world.
Graduates of the Sale have won 19 Group 1 races and 110 stakes race in the last five seasons – more than any other Sales company in the southern hemisphere.
The catalogue for this year’s Sale has attracted 437 two-year-olds with a cross-section of the very best sires throughout Australasia represented and 14 exciting freshman sires.
Catalogue highlights include:
- 51 siblings to stakes winners including siblings to Group 1 winners Adventador, Savaria, Sofia Rosa, Magic Cape, Zabrasive, Able One, Kawi, Lankan Rupee, Brambles, King Mufhasa, and Silent Achiever.
- The progeny of 31 stakes winners including Group 1-winning dams Champagne and Quintessential.
- 38 horses nominated for the Karaka Million Series, six fillies nominated for the Pearl Series, 128 horses that are BOBS eligible, 19 Super VOBIS nominated horses and one QTIS eligible horse.
As the two-year-old’s head home for their last month of preparation leading into the Sale, NZB ramp up the resources to assist buyer’s in finding their next champions.
To enhance the viewing experience, this year will see a few changes to the Breeze Up videos. Onscreen graphics have been optimised and are now animated so they don’t obscure the running action of the horse, and a longer clip has been recorded so you can see the horse’s action before and after the 200m timed section.
All videos are available for viewing online 24/7 and were recorded in High Definition for the best possible resolution available (dependant on your device and internet connection). They can be downloaded from Vimeo, or viewed in ‘Couch Mode’ online which plays all of them from start to finish.
Additional resources relating to the Ready to Run Sale can be found on the NZB website in the Sale Info section, making it easy to find everything you need in one place.
This year’s Breeze Ups will also be broadcast lot-by-lot on Trackside in New Zealand and Racing.com in Australia. Broadcasts can be viewed or recorded at the following times:
Tuesday 2 November from 9pm
Thursday 9 November from 9pm
Monday 30 October from 7am AEDT
Email [email protected] to request a catalogue.
Latest posts by S. Jack Heffernan Ph.D (see all)
- Asian Market Update - October 25, 2019
- American Airlines Up, Evidence the Trump Economy is Strong - October 24, 2019
- Google Under Siege in France - October 24, 2019