In the New Year, Focus, Keep Eyes on the Target
The New Year is a time for resolutions, but change can be and for many very challenging.
To help turn this New Year’s resolutions into a permanent lifestyle I will be providing 1 health tip daily in our Health Section in January.
The Big Q: Why?
The Big A: Because: The most complex tasks can be made easy when 1 step is taken at a time.
So, together, these 30 tips will form the guide allowing those who follow it to take control of their health.
I will address the topics listed below, as follows:
- What to eat and when to eat it
- Exercise strategies to use now
- The power of emotional health
- Enhancing health with the essentials: Air, Sunshine and Water
- How to get the restorative sleep that the human body requires
So, whether you are making major changes or just want to stay focused on maintaining healthy habits, this 30-day resolution can be one’s ultimate health resource.
Here is a sample
Keeping your eyes focused on a target in the distance while walking makes you walk faster and makes the distance seem shorter, according to research published in Motivation and Emotion.
Study author Emily Balcetis, PhD, an assistant professor in the department of psychology at New York University, said in a press release: “People are less interested in exercise if physical activity seems daunting, which can happen when distances to be walked appear quite long … These findings indicate that narrowly focusing visual attention on a specific target, like a building a few blocks ahead, rather than looking around your surroundings, makes that distance appear shorter, helps you walk faster and also makes exercising seem easier.”
Start your New Year off with this, provided you are not snowed in and the temp is not in deep freeze mode.
Have a Happy New Year!
Latest posts by HEFFX (see all)
- Tesla Is Hiring Someone To Defend Elon Musk And Fend Off Attacks By Twitter Trolls - January 20, 2021
- PayPal Will Continue To Profit From A Huge Increase In Volume And Accounts - January 20, 2021
- Google’s Ethical AI Division Investigating Sharing of Sensitive Documents - January 20, 2021