Here are famous foods known for love, the science behind them, and share with your significant other.
Honey: The Honeymoon Sweet
- Honey is a great source of boron, the mineral that helps the body metabolize estrogen, the female sex hormone.
- Studies show that boron may also increase testosterone, the hormone responsible for promoting sex drive in both men and women.
- Medieval hopefuls drank mead, a fermented honey drink, to promote sexual desire.
- Ancient Persian couples drank mead every day for a month known as the “honey month” — aka “honeymoon” after they married to prepare for successful family life.
Chocolate- The Classic Valentine’s Day Gift
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”– Charles M. Schulz
- Chocolate contains phenylethylamine, which mimics the brain chemistry of a person in love. It also promotes serotonin production. Together they give you a hormone rush that feels like the rush of love or lovemaking.
- There are other foods that may contain more of these ingredients but who cares? Chocolate tastes so good!
- The problem with chocolate is that usually comes with so much sugar that you will probably crash into depression from the sugar rather than living happily ever after.
- If you love chocolate and want to enjoy it check out The Healthy Chocolate Project!
- Through history, almonds were regarded as fertility symbols.
- The aroma of almond supposedly arouses passion in females or so thought the poets and scribes.
- Almonds provide high doses of vitamin E, magnesium and even fiber.
- Garlic is full of allicin, another ingredient that will also increase blood flow.
- In eastern traditions, monks and priests are not allowed to eat garlic (or onions) because they are particularly stimulating.
- Garlic has a host of other health benefits, particularly helping with the immune system. You can listen to a garlic lover and a garlic hater discuss its merits.
- The obvious trouble with this food is that unless your partner is also a garlic eater, they might not life your smell!
For dinner have Zucchini With Lots of Garlic The zucchini for some is just an excuse for the garlic but anyway it is a heavenly combination.
The Romans understood the value of beets thousands of years ago.
- One of the first known uses of beets was by the ancient Romans, who used them medicinally as an aphrodisiac.
- Beets contain high levels of nitrates which increase blood flow by expanding blood vessels walls. Increased blood flow to the genital areas is one of the mechanisms Viagra and other pharmaceuticals create their effects, so beets could be considered a natural food Viagra.
- Beets also contain high amounts of boron, which is directly related to the production of human sex hormones.
- Beets have a host of other health benefits.
Alan R. Hirsch, MD, neurological director of the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago, conducted a study that looked at how different smells stimulated sexual arousal. He found that the smell of black licorice increased the blood flow to the genital area by 13%.
- In ancient China, people used licorice to enhance love and lust.
- The smell appears to be particularly stimulating.
- Asian ginseng is an adaptogen or a substance that helps keep proper hormone balance in your body.
- Ginseng helps moderate the harmful effects of stress, enhances your energy and stamina and may improve your sexual function.
- Caution: Because ginseng has an estrogen-like effect, pregnant or breastfeeding women should not take it. Although ginseng is not a kitchen food in the West, it is so well known and universally used that it is included here.
Sweet basil herb is known across cultures to naturally increase sex drive and fertility by fostering a feeling of total relaxation in the body and muscles while increasing circulation.
- In Italy, it is a symbol of love.
- The scent of basil was said to drive men wild, so much so that women would dust their breasts with dried and powdered basil.
Each of these foods can affect your chemistry but the effects are subtle.
If we are cued for love though, even a boost of energy from carbs could be perceived as an emotion or an attractive force. The body then enhances that effect since it can manufacture any number of its own mood-enhancing brain and body hormones.
An attractive happy body and mind comes from a healthy body and mind.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively
Have a healthy week, stay at home!
Latest posts by HEFFX (see all)
- Tesla Is Hiring Someone To Defend Elon Musk And Fend Off Attacks By Twitter Trolls - January 20, 2021
- PayPal Will Continue To Profit From A Huge Increase In Volume And Accounts - January 20, 2021
- Google’s Ethical AI Division Investigating Sharing of Sensitive Documents - January 20, 2021