The Marina Bay Sands in Singapore
The most expensive hotel ever built, Singapore’s iconic Marina Bay Sands hotel comprises three 55-story towers, 2560 luxury rooms and suites, and 18 different room types.
Crowning the three hotel towers at 200 m (656 ft) in the sky, the Sands SkyPark rooftop stretches longer than the Eiffel tower or 4 A380 Jumbo Jets when laid down.
The Sands SkyPark is also home to the world’s largest public cantilever housing a public observatory deck, lush gardens, exclusive restaurants and a stunning 492 ft infinity-edged pool to complete the luxurious experience.
Marina Bay Sands Tops many lists of the most Instagrammable hotels in the world, the world’s most amazing hotel pools, the world’s best urban resorts, the world’s best hotel rooftops, and the best hotels in Singapore.
- Marina Bay Sands enjoys an excellent location. It’s right next to Singapore’s most famous recreational area, Gardens By The Bay, which spans 101 hectares (250 acres) of reclaimed land and features popular tourist attractions like Supertree Grove, Flower Dome and the Cloud Forest. From Changi Airport, it’s a 20-minute taxi drive to the hotel along the East Coast Parkway expressway. Orchard Road – Asia’s most famous shopping street – is a 15 min taxi drive away. The hotel is also directly above Singapore’s MRT (Mass Rapid Transit system), making it a convenient choice if you want to discover a side of Singapore beyond Marina Bay Sands and Orchard Road (although most of Singapore can be easily explored on foot).
- The Marina Bay Sands hotel is part of a huge resort complex, which also includes a convention-exhibition centre, an enormous shopping mall, a museum, two large theatres, dozens of restaurants, two floating Crystal Pavilions, an art-science museum, and the world’s largest atrium casino with 500 tables and 1,600 slot machines.
- Designed by Moshe Safdie architects, the mega property fronting the Marina Bay opened in February 2011, a year later than planned due to escalating material costs and a shortage of workers.
- At a construction cost of $5.5-B, Marina Bay Sands is the most expensive resort ever built.
The best time to visit Singapore
The best time to visit Singapore is anytime as the island nation experiences a hot and humid tropical climate year-round. And because of a continuous influx of business travelers and tourist, the city’s hotels always enjoy high occupancy and are able to maintain their reasonable to high room rates.
So, to avoid exorbitant prices, steer clear of popular events like the F1 race or national holidays like Chinese New Year. December and January are usually the rainiest months, though it can be wet at any time of year
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- F1: Hanoi to Host Vietnam Grand Prix Kick-off Event - April 21, 2019
- Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) ‘Tailor Made’ Build Your Own Supercar - April 21, 2019
- Box Office: ‘The Curse of La Llorona’ Tops Easter Weekend with $26.5-M - April 21, 2019