Magic Millions is ready to set the tone for the summer of Australian racing with full details of the spectacular 2018 Carnival unveiled today.
These details include:
- the world’s most famous polo player Nacho Figueras, captaining the Veuve Clicquot team for Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo on Sunday, 7 January;
- thoroughbreds galloping along the Surfers Paradise beach at dawn for the Barrier Draw on Tuesday, 9 January,
- that evening, there’ll be a glittering marquee on the beach for the Moët & Chandon Magic Millions Opening Night Party;
- On Wednesday, 10 January all eyes turn to the auction ring as the first of over 1,000 of the best yearlings from around the country go under the hammer; and then
- the Carnival culminating in the excitement of Magic Millions Raceday on Saturday, 13 January.
With Magic Millions enjoying record numbers across sales revenue, raceday attendance, Seven’s raceday audience and offering more than $10million in Raceday prizemoney, co-owner Katie-Page Harvey says they will raise the bar again with this year’s Magic Millions Carnival 2018.
The outstanding success of Magic Millions Racing Women, the initiative created by Ms Page-Harvey in 2012 with the support of Patron, Zara Phillips, will be celebrated throughout Carnival. It was today revealed that there has been a significant 40% increase in registrations for the Racing Women’s Bonus from last year’s event, testament to the inspiration Page-Harvey is providing for women to get involved in horse ownership.
In 2018 Magic Millions welcomes an additional and exciting group of Partners to the Carnival:
- Lexus, as the Official Vehicle, sponsor will provide a fleet of VIP vehicles for Ambassadors and Sales clients throughout the carnival.
- CrownBet, Australia’s premium wagering operator, joins as the Official Wagering Partner of Magic Millions Sales.
- Singapore Airlines, as the Official Airline, will fly European and Asian based clients into Brisbane on their new Airbus A350 service.
- Calleija Jewellers, will create a bespoke Magic Millions’ piece of jewellery.
The January Carnival will also focus on encouraging as many people as possible from outside the racing industry to enjoy all the fun on offer.
“You don’t have to be a racehorse owner or breeder to attend any part of the Magic Millions Carnival – there’s something for everyone,” Ms Page-Harvey said.
“Whether it’s a day out with the family watching the polo action, observing the intrigue that comes with buyers looking to unearth the next Winx or Redzel in the Magic Millions auction ring, watching horses thundering along the beach at Barrier Draw or dressing up for the races – the Magic Millions is the best time to be on the Gold Coast.
“We’re particularly excited about the Polo with Nacho Figueras set to show us all why it is one of the most exciting and glamorous live sports in the world.
“He’ll be in great company with fellow Magic Millions Ambassadors Zara Phillips, Francesca Cumani and Rob Archibald all joining in the celebrity match where Mike Tindall and Hamish McLachlan will offer official and unofficial commentary.
“We are delighted to welcome a raft of new Partners who have joined the family this year following the Carnival’s success in recent years. Harrolds, our Official Fashion Partner, will be sponsoring Zara’s polo team and Fashions on the Field at the Polo and Raceday and dressing our Ambassadors.
“It’s going to be a breakout year for the Gold Coast with the Commonwealth Games on the horizon and we’re excited about starting the party with a stunning 2018 Magic Millions Carnival.”
Magic Millions at a glance:
Sunday 7 January
Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo
Doug Jennings Park, The Spit
- Nacho Figueras to captain Veuve Clicquot team
- Zara Phillips, Francesca Cumani, Rob Archibald to play in celeb game
- Hamish McLachlan & Mike Tindall to provide polo commentary
- Trainers v jockeys game
Tuesday 9 JanuaryBarrier Draw & Horse race
along the beachSurfers Paradise Foreshore
- Horses thunder along beach
- Free sausage sizzle
Moët & Chandon Opening Night
Surfers Paradise Foreshore
- Magic Millions ambassadors Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall, Francesca Cumani, Rob Archibald, Hamish McLachlan, Amanda Abate will join the who’s who of racing world
Wednesday 10 January
Yearling Sale Commences
Magic Millions Complex
Ascot Ct, Bundall
- See some of the best yearlings in the country go under the hammer.
- Some of the biggest names in racing will all be vying to purchase from the catalogue of over 1000 horses across the week.
Saturday 13 January
Magic Millions Raceday
Gold Coast Turf Club
- $10million in prizemoney
- $500,000 MMRW bonus
Latest posts by S. Jack Heffernan Ph.D (see all)
- Climate Change Nazis Face Backlash in Germany - September 19, 2019
- Apple Arcade is Here - September 19, 2019
- Australia Will Suffer as Governments Ignore Farmers - September 19, 2019