M1 Ltd (SGX:B2F) Malware Protection Service
- A new service by M1, a first by a local telco, promises to alert customers within 30 seconds of malware infecting their mobile phones.
- Available from Tuesday (Sept 26), M1’s Mobile Guard service aims to give its mobile users peace of mind when surfing or downloading apps from the Web – for $2 a month.
- The telco has about 1.2 million mobile postpaid subscribers.
- Mr Alex Tan, the telco’s chief innovation officer, said that the service provides “always on” malmare protection at the network level – an industry first.
- Telcos typically offer an anti-malware app that must be downloaded on the phone. Users also need to click on the app to update the virus signatures, detect any hidden malware and clean up the phone of any infection.
M1 Limited is a Singapore-based communications company. The principal activities of the Company and its subsidiaries are the provision of telecommunications services, international call services and fixed services, retail sales of telecommunications equipment and accessories, and customer services. The Company operates fourth generation long-term evolution (4G/LTE), third generation (3G)/high speed packet access (HSPA) networks. It provides customers with a range of voice, data, and postpaid and prepaid mobile services. It offers International Direct Dial (IDD) services, as well as an International Calling Card service. The Company trades wholesale voice minutes with other international and local service providers, as well as provides dark fiber services to carriers and data centers. The Company offers a range of mobile and fixed services, including connectivity solutions, managed services, cloud solutions, cyber security solutions, machine-to-machine (M2M) and data center services.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Downwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
The projected upper bound is: 1.87.
The projected lower bound is: 1.69.
The projected closing price is: 1.78.
M1 LTD closed unchanged at 1.785. Volume was 77% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 75% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
1.790 1.795 1.780 1.785 521,000
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bearish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 1.79 1.79 2.04
Volatility: 15 30 28
Volume: 1,129,110 2,809,096 2,240,737
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
M1 LTD is currently 12.3% below its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely low when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that there will be an increase in volatility along with sharp price fluctuations in the near future. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of MONE.SI at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on MONE.SI and have had this outlook for the last 22 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 37.1428. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 14 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 46.32. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a buy 29 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -21. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 2 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 36 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International Weekly HEFFX Highlights - May 9, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - May 9, 2019
- Comfortdelgro Corporation Weekly HEFFX Highlights: $2.6 target - May 9, 2019