Like Sushi? Then Eat it Correctly!
- Sushi is delicious and nutritious
- The Sushi eating experience can be ruined if you do not eat sushi the proper way.
- Eating with your fingers shows that you trust and respect the chefs.
Sushi is delicious and nutritious. The rice is a good source of carbohydrates, the seaweed wrapper nori is rich in iodine, and the fish contains omega-3 fatty acids and selenium.
And, while these health benefits are known to most people and all sushi lover, not everyone is aware of how to correctly eat and enjoy the sushi meal.
The entire sushi experience can actually become ruined if you do not eat sushi the proper way.
The Do’s and Do Not’s of eating and ejoying Sushi, as follows:
- Do not eat the ginger 1st: The ginger is not supposed to be eaten with the sushi or placed on top of the sushi,unless the chef has specifically placed it on top of nigiri pieces. The ginger is supposed to rinse the mouth after the meal, and should therefore be consumed in the end of the sushi meal
- Do nor dip the rice in the soy sauce: Dipping the rice in the soy sauce can make the soy flavor too strong and ruin the entire food experience. Only the fish is supposed to be dipped in the soy sauce.
- Do not mix the wasabi with the soy sauce: Mixing the wasabi with the soy sauce can ruin the sushi flavor. Sushi is supposed to be eaten as pure and clean as possible.
- Do not stick the chopstick into the sushi: Sticking the chopstick into the sushi is disrespectful to the chefs.
- Eating with your fingers is Ok: Eating with your fingers shows that you trust and respect the chefs.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - April 25, 2019
- Asia: Gold, USD, Crude Oil, Stocks & Commodities - April 25, 2019
- Dubai’s Global Village Received a Record 7-M Visitors Global Village in its 23rd Season - April 25, 2019