Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) HEFFX Highlights
- Intel’s latest 10-core, high-end desktop (HEDT) chip—the Core i9-7900X—costs £900/$1000. That’s £500/$500 less than its predecessor, the i7-6950X. In previous years, such cost-cutting would have been regarded as generous. You might, at a stretch, even call it good value. But that was at a time when Intel’s monopoly on the CPU market was as its strongest, before a resurgent AMD lay waste to the idea that a chip with more than four cores be reserved for those with the fattest wallets.
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS) is expected to report its best-ever quarterly profit in the second quarter, with soaring memory chip sales pushing it past Intel Corp (INTC.O) as the biggest semiconductor maker by revenue for the first time.
- The world’s largest memory chip maker is the among the biggest beneficiaries of soaring demand for processing firepower on smartphones and servers, which has fueled an industry super-cycle amid limited supply growth.
- Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) has recently seen its CPU market share lose ground to rival chipmaker AMD (NASDAQ:AMD), according to data released by Passmark.
- The latest quarterly data saw Intel cede 10% to its smaller rival, which is being boosted by the release of the Ryzen chip.
- The figures will bring encouragement for AMD shareholders, yet the company is still not turning a profit and has a lot more to do if it wants to threaten Intel.
Intel Corporation is engaged in designing and manufacturing products and technologies, such as the cloud. The Company’s segments are Client Computing Group (CCG), Data Center Group (DCG), Internet of Things Group (IOTG), Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group (NSG), Intel Security Group (ISecG), Programmable Solutions Group (PSG), All Other and New Technology Group (NTG). It delivers computer, networking and communications platforms to a set of customers, including original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), original design manufacturers (ODMs), cloud and communications service providers, as well as industrial, communications and automotive equipment manufacturers. It offers platforms to integrate various components and technologies, including a microprocessor and chipset, a stand-alone System-on-Chip (SoC), or a multichip package. The CCG operating segment includes platforms that integrates in notebook, two in one systems, desktop computers for consumers and businesses, tablets, and phones.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Downwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the downside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 35.24.
The projected upper bound is: 34.48.
The projected lower bound is: 32.33.
The projected closing price is: 33.40.
INTEL CORP closed down -0.280 at 33.460. Volume was 43% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 100% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
33.510 34.030 33.430 33.460 12,676,894
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bearish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 34.07 35.70 35.99
Volatility: 19 19 20
Volume: 23,673,714 22,351,048 22,273,158
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
INTEL CORP is currently 7.0% below its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume out of INTC.O (mildly bearish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on INTC.O and have had this outlook for the last 16 periods. The security price has set a new 14-period low while our momentum oscillator has not. This is a bullish divergence.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 21.9513. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 2 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 30.99. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a buy 1 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -95. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 1 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 15 period(s) ago.