Its Holiday Time Again, Some Tips to Avoid Overeating
To combat holiday food cravings, the nutrition experts offer the following tips and suggestions. as follows:
- Eat 3 high-protein meals a day. This should squelch any cravings for sweets.
- Embrace meat. Beef and chicken is good, but also pork and fish. Stay away from fried foods.
- If hungry between meals, have a high-protein snack. Suggestions include cheese, nuts, raw vegetables, or cut-up apple or avocado, with perhaps turkey slices, or hard-boiled eggs.
- Do not fear fat. In fact, a certain amount of fat is essential, to keep our bodies, especially our brains, working well. But you should distinguish between good and bad fats. Good fats include coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil (or macadamia nut or avocado oil) organic butter, and organic lard from products like “uncured (sugar-free) bacon/pork.
- Bad fat include partially hydrogenated oils (liquid vegetable oils that are hardened into margarine, for instance; corn, soy, cottonseed, canola oil).
- Eat lots of vegetables that are low in carbohydrates like artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and peppers.
- Do not entirely ditch high-carbohydrate vegetables, like potatoes, sweet potatoes, and yams, whenever possible, eat them with the skins. This is especially true if you are choosing organic foods.
- Grains are also good, especially when soaked to aid digestibility. This is also true for legumes, like lentils, and most types of beans.
- Fruits are also permissible, but do be careful of their sugar content. Whole raw fruits contain fiber, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals that mitigate the effects of their sugar content.
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively.
The following two tabs change content below.
HEFFX has become one of Asia’s leading financial services companies with interests in Publishing, Private Equity, Capital Markets, Mining, Retail, Transport and Agriculture that span every continent of the world. Our clearing partners have unprecedented experience in Equities, Options, Forex and Commodities brokering, banking, physical metals dealing, floor brokering and trading.