Saturday, President Trump said that he was considering an “enforceable quarantine” in the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut area due to the coronavirus outbreak.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo meanwhile said he had not spoken to the President about a quarantine.
“I do not even know what that means,” Governor Cuomo said. “I do not know how that could be legally enforceable.”
The President’s comments came as the number of coronavirus cases in New York State rose to over 52,000, with 728 deaths.
New figures also suggest that police are hard-hit by the outbreak.
In New Jersey, more than 700 officers have tested positive for the coronavirus, the state police said. And in New York City, 3 members of the police department have died.
- Here’s what to know about the coronavirus, plus a timeline of the most critical moments.
- MAPS: Where cases have been confirmed in the US and worldwide.
Have a healthy weekend, stay home!
Latest posts by HEFFX (see all)
- Alma Resort Rings in Year of the Ox With Array of Festivities - January 19, 2021
- DraftKings Could Double In Price - January 19, 2021
- Litecoin Price Predication With Metastock Charts - January 19, 2021