“Notably, at the beginning of the 20th Century the US ranked 1st in health among the major industrial nations but now...” — Paul Ebeling
US spending per capita on health is currently the highest in the world yet the US now ranks 37th in actual health statistics in the Top industrial countries and has the highest infant mortality rate. The US also rates 24th in life expectancy.
- Cancer rates are up in America 225% since 1960.
- 70 – 80% of the US population is overweight and 80-M are obese. Obesity leads to stress on the heart. 1 out of 3 US children is now considered overweight or obese.
- Everyday 1,000 Americans are operated on for gallstones. In Africa, only 2 cases have been reported in the last 25 years.
- Approximately 70% of American men over the age 60 have prostate problems.
- 30-M Americans have hypertension and are medicated with drugs costing billions. 30 yrs ago hypertension was hardly known.
People know that junk food, all that stuff in packages near the checkout counters, like in supermarkets, convenience stores, gas stations, video shops, drug stores, almost every where, is tempting us to eat junk food that is not good for us.
- is devoid of nutrition
- is filled with sugar
- contains too much salt
- is filled with added chemicals that are proven to be detrimental to our health.
Junk food is so accessible; whenever we are hungry, there the junk food is ready to eat in mins.
Most busy people are in the habit of buying packages, cans and jars of processed food. It is almost devoid of naturally occurring nutrients and there are big additions of sugar, salt, preservatives and artificial flavorings. That last one really gets me. ‘Flavorings’ are needed due to the food being boiled and baked to death, or it just does not have any food in it.
Eat Real Food!
The Big Q: Would you need to add flavoring to a fresh apple or banana?
The Big A: No! If eating real food is of no importance for you, then think about for your children or grandchildren.
Real Food is food in its most natural state; it is unprocessed or with very little processing. Real food does not need a label or fancy packaging. It is a whole food that is life-sustaining and requires no polluting packaging.
Fast food has moved into schools, because eating habits are formed when people are young, so if you get fat then, you have started a lifelong battle.
Our bodies were designed to digest Real Food, not highly processed stuff in packages polluting this earth. I cannot call junk food food, as it is not!
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively