So, for Y 2019, the American Medical Association (AMA) has some suggestions for us, as follows:
- Consider personal goals, and how we can make positive health choices in the coming year.
- Prioritize long-term health by making small but Key lifestyle changes now that can have a lasting effect in improving our health.
Now with #’s 1 and 2 in mind, below is the AMA’s list for Y 2019, a follows:
- Learn your risk for type 2 diabetes: Take a self-screening test at DoIHavePrediabetes.org. If you’re at risk, the website lists steps that can help you prevent or delay development of the blood sugar disease.
- Get regular exercise: Adults should get at least 150 mins a week of moderate-intensity activity, or 75 mins a week of vigorous-intensity activity.
- Know your blood pressure: Get high blood pressure under control to help prevent heart attack or stroke.
- Eat a healthy diet: Cut down on processed foods, especially those with added salt and sugar, as well as sugar-sweetened beverages. Drink more water out of glass bottles, not plastic.
- Help prevent antibiotic resistance: If prescribed antibiotics, take them exactly as directed, as antibiotics are not effective against viruses, including those that cause colds and flu.
- ·Limit alcohol and tobacco: If you drink alcohol, do it in moderation — no more than 1 drink a day for women and 2 for men. If you use tobacco, talk to your doctor about quitting.
- Be careful with painkillers: If you are prescribed opioid pain medications, follow your doctor’s instructions, store them safely, and properly dispose of unused pills to prevent misuse or theft.
- Immunize: Be sure everyone in your family is up to date on vaccinations, including the annual flu shot for everyone 6 months or older, pig and bird flu is deadly.
- Control stress: Healthy eating of Real food, and regular exercise can help maintain good mental health, but seek help from a professional if you need it. Learn to breathe correctly.
I have a article coming on how to eliminate that belly flab, stay tuned…
Eat healthy, Be healthy, Live lively
Happy New Year!
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- There is Unique Vegan Food in Europe Too - January 16, 2019
- Love: the 4-Letter Word in Medicine - January 15, 2019
- F1: Ferrari (NYSE:RACE), Mick Schumacher Close to Junior Deal for 2019 - January 15, 2019