Goffs is delighted to announce that the catalogue for the Goffs Land Rover Sale 2020 is now available online. 532 of the best National Hunt stores have been selected and will be offered on the revised dates of 4 – 5 August.
Another memorable year for Goffs Land Rover was topped by a Grade 1 double at Cheltenham courtesy of Samcro and Put The Kettle On who continued the sale’s excellent strike rate at the Festival when landing the Grade 1 Marsh Novices Chase and Grade 1 Arkle Novices Chase respectively. The past season also saw more top level success for National Hunt and Land Rover legends Altior and Faugheen, while other recent Grade 1 graduates include Paisley Park, Topofthegame, Commander Of Fleet, Reserve Tank, Esprit Du Large, Felix Desjy, The World’s End along with many more black type winners.
This year’s catalogue is packed with top quality pedigrees from many of the best NH families in the Stud Book, including siblings to 2020 Cheltenham Festival stars Champ, winner of the Grade 1 RSA Novice Chase, Monkfish, winner of the Grade 1 Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle, and Ferny Hollow, the Grade 1 Champion Bumper winner. The impressive sire profile features Al Namix, Buck’s Boum, Creachadoir, Doctor Dino, Fame And Glory, Flemensfirth, Getaway, Jet Away, Jukebox Jury, Kapgarde, Kayf Tara, Maxios, Milan, Presenting, Saddler Maker, Saint Des Saints, Shantou, Soldier of Fortune, Walk In The Park, Westerner etc.
Among the many highlights catalogued are:
- Lot 17 Shantou own brother to Grade 1 winner The Storyteller.
- Lot 45 Fame And Glory brother to 2020 Grade 1 RSA Chase (and multiple Grade 1) winner Champ.
- Lot 48 Walk In The Park sister to Grade 1 placed Tombstone and Tintagle, and to the 2019 Land Rover Sale top price.
- Lot 60 Westerner brother to 5 winners inc. Grade 1 placed Brewin’upastorm.
- Lot 83 Yeats brother to 6 winners inc. dual Grade 1 winner Pairofbrowneyes.
- Lot 85 Walk In The Park sister to 4 winners inc. Grade 1 placed Raya Star.
- Lot 101 Beat Hollow brother to 3 winners inc. Grade 1 Irish Grand National winner Organisedconfusion.
- Lot 114 Getaway brother to 4 winners inc. Grade 1 placed Politkar.
- Lot 125 Walk In The Park gelding out of Liberty Counsel; 5-time winner inc. Grade 1 Irish Grand National.
- Lot 141 Shantou brother to Grade 2 winner and multiple Grade 1 placed Darver Star.
- Lot 149 Mahler sister to 2020 Grade 1 Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle winner Monkfish.
- Lot 159 Kalanisi brother to 5 winners inc. 2020 Grade 1 Cheltenham Champion Bumper winner Ferny Hollow.
- Lot 170 Walk In The Park sister to Grade 1 winner Tornado Flyer.
- Lot 173 Kapgarde brother to 3 winners inc. Grade 1 placed Papagana.
- Lot 189 Kapgarde gelding out of Polly Peachum; 8-time winner inc. 4 Listed races and Grade 1 placed.
- Lot 223 Presenting brother to 3 winners inc. Grade 2 winner and Grade 1 placed Winter Escape.
- Lot 257 Flemensfirth filly out of Tweedledrum; 6-time winner inc. a Listed race and Grade 1 placed.
All horses offered for sale are eligible to enter the €100,000 Goffs Land Rover Bumper at next year’s Punchestown Festival, where the winning vendor will also win a brand new Land Rover Discovery Commercial.
Commenting on the catalogue, Goffs Group Chief Executive Henry Beeby said:
“On the racecourse and in the sales ring the Land Rover Sale has gone from strength to strength in recent years and is now a true market leader thanks to the support of leading vendors who continue to send more of their best stores to Goffs. This year’s catalogue continues the sale’s evolution, with an outstanding selection of pedigrees combining with a superb bunch of athletes that look well placed to follow in the footsteps of the Land Rover Sale’s many famous graduates.
This is an unprecedented year and we will continue to closely monitor Government directives as the Covid 19 crisis evolves to ensure that we can provide the safest environment for our consignors, purchasers and staff. The Goffs team will employ all traditional and digital means to promote the catalogue over the coming months and conduct the sale in a way that reaches the maximum audience. We look forward to welcoming buyers back to Goffs in August or to hosting them digitally as they source their next NH champion.”
Click here to view the catalogue. The printed catalogue will be available from the end of June.