Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) Ford Patents A Windshield
- Ford Patents a Windshield in a continued effort to fight the repair industry. If a repair shop were to attempt to replace a windshield in the shape of the one Ford patented they may risk a costly lawsuit.
- Focus and Fiesta owners sue Ford over faulty transmissions
- Ford’s PowerShift dual-clutch transmissions have been plagued with problems. Critics and owners alike knocked the transmission for drivability problems, with reports of shuddering, shaking, and a lack of power at low speeds.
- Ford issued a recall to fix the issues, but that wasn’t enough to satisfy owners.
- Automotive News reports that a group of 7,000 Ford Focus and Fiesta owners are suing the automaker over faulty transmissions.
- Ford won’t comment on pending lawsuits.
- The plaintiffs claim that Ford should be held accountable for defects they believe compromised both vehicle and owner safety. The plaintiffs also hold Ford accountable for any lost value caused by the PowerShift transmissions. If the plaintiffs win the lawsuit, payouts will be tailored to each individual based on the client’s damage.
Ford Motor Company is a global automotive and mobility company. The Company’s business includes designing, manufacturing, marketing, and servicing a full line of Ford cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles (SUVs), as well as Lincoln luxury vehicles. The Company operates in four segments: Automotive, Financial Services, Ford Smart Mobility LLC, and Central Treasury Operations. The Automotive segment primarily includes the sale of Ford and Lincoln brand vehicles, service parts, and accessories across the world. The Financial Services segment primarily includes its vehicle-related financing and leasing activities at Ford Motor Credit Company LLC. Ford Smart Mobility LLC is a subsidiary formed to design, build, grow, and invest in emerging mobility services. The Central Treasury Operations segment is primarily engaged in decision making for investments, risk management activities, and providing financing for the Automotive segment.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Downwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
The projected upper bound is: 11.54.
The projected lower bound is: 10.65.
The projected closing price is: 11.10.
FORD MOTOR CO closed up 0.040 at 11.120. Volume was 7% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 46% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
11.120 11.130 11.000 11.120 36,398,668
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bearish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 10.95 11.25 12.05
Volatility: 21 25 25
Volume: 43,280,400 44,129,664 36,527,780
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FORD MOTOR CO is currently 7.8% below its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is extremely low when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that there will be an increase in volatility along with sharp price fluctuations in the near future. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of F at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on F and have had this outlook for the last 9 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 72.0339. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 8 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 50.77. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a buy 31 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 107.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a buy 7 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 6 period(s) ago.