Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) HEFFX Highlights
- Ford has offered to inspect and repair more than 1.3 million Explorers in the U.S., Canada and Mexico to reduce the possibility that exhaust can enter the vehicle through its climate control system.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is investigating complaints of dangerous carbon monoxide gas entering the cabins of 2011-17 Explorers. According to the NHTSA, more 2,700 complaints for exhaust odors have been filed, and at least three crashes and 41 injuries may be linked to the potentially deadly emissions.
- Police in Austin, Texas, pulled their fleet of Explorers off the road in July over exhaust concerns. After Ford sent investigators to law enforcement agencies around the country, it said the problems are “related to unsealed holes from the installation of police equipment by third parties after the vehicle was purchased.”
Ford Motor Company is a global automotive and mobility company. The Company’s business includes designing, manufacturing, marketing, and servicing a full line of Ford cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles (SUVs), as well as Lincoln luxury vehicles. The Company operates in four segments: Automotive, Financial Services, Ford Smart Mobility LLC, and Central Treasury Operations. The Automotive segment primarily includes the sale of Ford and Lincoln brand vehicles, service parts, and accessories across the world. The Financial Services segment primarily includes its vehicle-related financing and leasing activities at Ford Motor Credit Company LLC. Ford Smart Mobility LLC is a subsidiary formed to design, build, grow, and invest in emerging mobility services. The Central Treasury Operations segment is primarily engaged in decision making for investments, risk management activities, and providing financing for the Automotive segment.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 11.84.
The projected upper bound is: 12.44.
The projected lower bound is: 11.85.
The projected closing price is: 12.14.
FORD MOTOR CO closed up 0.070 at 12.120. Volume was 8% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 0% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
11.990 12.150 11.960 12.120 32,349,676
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 12.26 11.46 11.66
Volatility: 19 16 23
Volume: 42,912,504 35,249,376 38,071,580
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FORD MOTOR CO is currently 4.0% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into F (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on F and have had this outlook for the last 29 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 30.5556. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 7 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 59.44. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 2 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -45. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 4 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 2 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019