Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) Vettel Marked The Best Practice Time At Shanghai
Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel topped a wet final Formula 1 practice session for the Chinese Grand Prix.
After a clear day’s running Friday, the forecast wet weather arrived overnight to ensure the Shanghai circuit was very wet for Practice 3.
It was almost 1/4 hour into the session that the 1st cars appeared, while the 1st full lap times did not come until the halfway point.
With only a limited allocation of intermediate and wet tires, several teams opted to limit their running to ensure they had a large stock of fresh grooved rubbger for qualifying.
MercedesAMG and Red Bull were among them, with Mr. Vettel the only one of the front-runners to complete a full lap on intermediate tires.
His time was 0.07 of a sec clear of Williams driver Valtteri Bottas, with Sergio Perez rounding out the Top 3.
Neither Nico Rosberg nor Lewis Hamilton set full laps, nor did Daniel Ricciardo or Daniil Kvyat.
There were several spins and slip-ups throughout the session as drivers found the limits of the very wet conditions.
Renault’s Jolyon Palmer had a puncture midway through the session, the team believed something on the car caused the deflation, rather than debris or a tire problem.
No more heavy rain is expect at this weekend.
RESULTS – Practice 3, Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix (60 min)
1. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) 1m57.351s
2. Valtteri Bottas (Williams) +0.710s
3. Sergio Perez (Force India) +1.338s
4. Carlos Sainz Jr (Toro Rosso) +1.449s
5. Esteban Gutierrez (Haas) +2.175s
6. Jolyon Palmer (Renault) +2.326s
7. Kevin Magnussen (Renault) +2.410s
8. Pascal Wehrlein (Manor) +2.613s
9. Max Verstappen (Toro Rosso) +2.799s
10. Nico Hulkenberg (Force India) +2.807s
11. Felipe Nasr (Sauber) +2.846s
12. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) +3.470s
13. Felipe Massa (Williams) +5.087s
14. Rio Haryanto (Manor) +5.381s
15. Jenson Button (McLaren) No time recorded
16. Fernando Alonso (McLaren) No time recorded
17. Romain Grosjean (Haas) No time recorded
18. Daniil Kvyat (Red Bull) No time recorded
19. Nico Rosberg (MercedesAMG) No time recorded
20. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull) No time recorded
21. Lewis Hamilton (MercedesAMG) No time recorded
22. Marcus Ericsson (Sauber) No time recorded
Stay tuned for a terrific F1 racing weekend.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- President Trump Vows to ‘Clean Up Los Angeles at Olympics Meeting - February 19, 2020
- Wall Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Report - February 19, 2020
- Gold Prices Broke Out to Fresh 7-Yr Highs - February 18, 2020