Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) Engineered Maserati Levante Trofeo Fastest SUV in the World
- Maserati unveiled the 2019 Levante Trofeo performance SUV Wednesday at the 2018 New York International Auto Show.
- The Limited Edition Levante Trofeo is powered by 590 hp, twin-turbocharged Ferrari V8.
- According to Maserati, the Levante Trofeo can do 0-60 mph in 3.7 secs and reach a top speed of more than 187 mph.
- The Trofeo will be available exclusively in the US and Canada.
Maserati, the luxury brand of Fiat Chrysler (NYSE:FCAU) is adding major competition into the SUV market with the new Levante Trofeo.
Under the hood of the Levante Trofeo is a 590 hp, 3.8-liter, twin-turbocharged V8 Ferrari engine made in Maranello outfits works.
Maserati CEO Tim Kuniskis referred to the Ferrari engines as the “finest on earth.”
The Trofeo will be able to hit 60 mph in just 3.7 secs and reach a top speed of more than 187 mph.
The Trofeo’s performance capabilities is ahead the some of other luxury SUVs like the Lamborghini Urus, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, Range Rover Sport SVR, and the Bentley Bentayga.
Another bit of the Levante Trofeo story is the fact that it is a high-performance model designed exclusively for the US and Canada.
Maserati introduced the Levante in Y 2016 to strong reviews and sales figures. Regular production Levantes are powered by a pair of twin-turbocharged, 3.0-liter V6 engines producing 345 hp and 424 hp respectively.
Production of the Levante Trofeo is expected to begin this Summer at Maserati’s plant in Turin, Italy.
|NYSE:RACE||120.85||29 March 2018||1.23||121.17||121.35||119.8||245,276|
|HeffX-LTN Analysis for RACE:||Overall||Short||Intermediate||Long|
|Neutral (-0.22)||Neutral (-0.18)||Neutral (-0.17)||Bearish (-0.32)|
Have a terrific Easter Weekend
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Hot Rodding a 1999 F355 Ferrari - July 20, 2019
- North America’s Great River Trips - July 20, 2019
- People are Asking, Will the Gold Miners Soar in 2-H of this Year? - July 20, 2019