FBI Recovers Hillary Clinton’s “Erased” Benghazi e-Mails
The US State Department says 30 e-Mails involving the Y 2012 attack on US diplomatic compounds in Benghazi, Libya, are among the thousands of Hillary Clinton e-Mails recovered during the FBI’s recently closed investigation into the former Secretary of State’s use of a private server.
Government lawyers told US District Court Judge Amit P. Mehta Tuesday that an undetermined number of the e-Mails among the 30 were not included in the 55,000 pages previously provided by Mrs. Clinton to the State Department.
The FBI said it wants until the end of September to review the e-Mails and redact potentially Classified information before they are released.
On the pending litigation involving Hillary Clinton
The hearing was held in one of several lawsuits filed by the conservative legal group Judicial Watch, which is seeking government records involving Hillary Clinton, the Democratic Presidential nominee.
The US Department of State said it will not be able to release records stemming from Hillary Clinton’s time as Secretary of State until after the November election because of a lack of manpower.
The Republican National Committee (RNC) has demanded that the department turn over documents that pertain to functions that took place in the Diplomatic Reception Room from Y 2009-2013.
State department officials say they need more time to meet the request
“Time is of the essence,” the RNC said in a court filing.
“In recent months, State has faced scrutiny in the press for purportedly delaying productions in [Freedom of Information Act] litigation with the Associated Press over calendar entries and schedules similar to those that the RNC seeks here.
“Whatever the truth about those allegations, the RNC cannot agree to a summary-judgment briefing schedule that extends into next year.”
The documents in question total 1,600 pages,