United States is deploying a carrier strike group and a bomber task force to the Middle East to send a clear message to Iran that any attack on US interests or its allies will be met with “unrelenting force.”
Sunday, John Bolton said the decision was “in response to a number of troubling and escalatory indications and warnings.”
“The United States is not seeking war with the Iranian regime, but we are fully prepared to respond to any attack, whether by proxy, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps or regular Iranian forces,” Mr. Bolton said in a statement.
It marked the latest in a series of moves by President Trump’s administration against Iran in recent weeks.
Washington has said it will stop waivers for countries buying Iranian Crude Oil, in an attempt to reduce Iran’s petroleum exports to Zero. It has also blacklisted Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guard Corps.
The Trump Administration’s efforts to impose political and economic isolation on Tehran began last year when it unilaterally withdrew from the nuclear deal the Hussein Obama admin and other world powers negotiated with Iran in Y 2015.
“The United States is deploying the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bomber task force to the US Central Command region to send a clear and unmistakable message to the Iranian regime that any attack on United States interests or on those of our allies will be met with unrelenting force,” Mr. Bolton said.
The US forces “have been ordered to the region as a deterrence to what has been seen as potential preparations by Iranian forces and its proxies that may indicate possible attacks on US forces in the region.”
The United States is not expecting any imminent attack on its armed forces.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Gold in Rally Mode, Investment Strategy - July 19, 2019
- Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) New SF90 Stradale HyperSuper Car, How it Works - July 19, 2019
- Fed’s Balance Sheet is in the Trillions, Rate Cut Signals No Further Shrinking - July 19, 2019