Facebook, Inc. (NASDAQ:FB) SEC probing Facebook on timing of data-leak disclosures
- The SEC is investigating whether Facebook (FB +1.8%) gave adequate warnings to its investors about data leaks like the one central to the Cambridge Analytica scandal, The Wall Street Journal reports.
- The probe is in its early stages, and the SEC is currently trying to get information about how much Facebook knew about Cambridge Analytica’s use of the user data, and how it assessed the risk it faced from developers sharing data.
- The investigation is likely turning on whether Facebook should have disclosed to investors knowledge of the Cambridge violation in 2015, when it learned about Aleksandr Kogan improperly sharing the data.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
The projected upper bound is: 214.92.
The projected lower bound is: 200.24.
The projected closing price is: 207.58.
A white body occurred (because prices closed higher than they opened).
During the past 10 bars, there have been 6 white candles and 4 black candles for a net of 2 white candles. During the past 50 bars, there have been 33 white candles and 17 black candles for a net of 16 white candles.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 83.5027. This is an overbought reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses below 80 The last signal was a sell 12 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 65.20. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 12 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 127.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a sell 1 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 2 period(s) ago.
Rex Takasugi – TD Profile
FACEBOOK INC A closed up 4.380 at 206.920. Volume was 47% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 35% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume___
203.430 207.080 203.190 206.920 15,454,706
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 200.01 191.21 179.67
Volatility: 31 24 34
Volume: 16,058,099 17,779,622 23,655,066
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FACEBOOK INC A is currently 15.2% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of FB.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on FB.O and have had this outlook for the last 4 periods. The security price has set a new 14-period high while our momentum oscillator has not. This is a bearish divergence.
Latest posts by HEFFX Australia (see all)
- FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI (.KLSE) negative news flow dampening investor appetite - April 18, 2019
- Gold 1 OZ (XAU=X) solid resistance at $1,300.00 - April 18, 2019
- Japanese Yen: USD/JPY (JPY=X) rises back up to key level - April 18, 2019