Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) Releasing Facebook TV In August?
- Facebook TV is reportedly coming in two weeks, according to Bloomberg. TV partners are already being asked to submit the first episodes of their “spotlight” shows. These will be inexpensive, five- to 10-minute shows that are owned by the media companies that have partnered with Facebook, with 45 percent of ad revenue going to the latter.
- A Facebook spokesperson declined to comment.
- By contrast, Facebook’s future TV content that it plans to launch later on will be 20- to 30-minute shows owned solely by Facebook. Some of the partnered media companies include Group Nine Media, BuzzFeed, ATTN, and Vox Media (which owns The Verge).
- FacebookFB +0.21% reported a solid quarter on Wednesday, with sales growth that beat analysts’ estimates, thanks to growing demand for the social network’s mobile ads and the company’s ability to attract new users across its suite of apps.
- Revenue in the second quarter, ending June 30, rose 45% to $9.32 billion, from $6.43 billion in the same period a year earlier, topping the $9.2 billion and 43% year-over-year growth expected on average among analysts polled by Yahoo Finance.
- The gains represent Facebook’s ninth straight quarterly revenue beat, buoyed by mobile video ads sales, including those on Instagram. Mobile ad revenue represented about 87% of total ad sales in the latest quarter, up from the prior quarter (85%) and up from 84% in the same period a year earlier.
- Facebook’s global ad revenue is expected to total $36.29 billion this year, up 35% from 2016, according to forecasting firm eMarketer, making Facebook the largest ad seller after Google.
Facebook, Inc. is focused on building products that enable people to connect and share through mobile devices, personal computers and other surfaces. The Company’s products include Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp and Oculus. Facebook enables people to connect, share, discover and communicate with each other on mobile devices and personal computers. Instagram enables people to take photos or videos, customize them with filter effects, and share them with friends and followers in a photo feed or send them directly to friends. Messenger allows communicating with people and businesses alike across a range of platforms and devices. WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging application that is used by people around the world and is available on a range of mobile platforms. Its Oculus virtual reality technology and content platform offers products that allow people to enter an interactive environment to play games, consume content and connect with others.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 155.81.
The projected upper bound is: 171.40.
The projected lower bound is: 160.43.
The projected closing price is: 165.92.
FACEBOOK INC A closed up 0.330 at 165.610. Volume was 104% above average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 156% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
166.010 166.010 164.100 165.610 35,236,868
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 163.18 153.78 137.23
Volatility: 12 23 22
Volume: 19,441,002 18,145,410 19,065,246
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FACEBOOK INC A is currently 20.7% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely low when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that there will be an increase in volatility along with sharp price fluctuations in the near future. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into FB.O (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on FB.O and have had this outlook for the last 11 periods. Our momentum oscillator is currently indicating that FB.O is currently in an overbought condition.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 87.9733. This is an overbought reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses below 80 The last signal was a sell 21 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 72.23. This is where it usually tops. The RSI usually forms tops and bottoms before the underlying security. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 54 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 82. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 1 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 11 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- United Overseas Bank HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- COSCO Shipping International HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019