Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) Privacy Concerns With Amazon Echo Competitor
- While developing its forthcoming video chat device for the home, Facebook has been haunted by its own reputation as a harvester of personal information.
- The company is currently building an Amazon Echo competitor with a screen that’s internally referred to as Aloha, according to people familiar with the matter. The plan is to release the device by May 2018, but the date could change.
- During the initial development of Aloha, Facebook employees conducted focus groups to understand how the device could be marketed. They received overwhelming concern that Facebook would use the device to spy on users, people familiar with the matter said.
- The Aloha’s ability to recognize people through its camera also caused privacy concerns. Facebook rented a house to test the device in various rooms and people who were asked to test Aloha said they felt uncomfortable having the device recognize them in private spaces, like bedrooms.
Facebook, Inc. is focused on building products that enable people to connect and share through mobile devices, personal computers and other surfaces. The Company’s products include Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp and Oculus. Facebook enables people to connect, share, discover and communicate with each other on mobile devices and personal computers. Instagram enables people to take photos or videos, customize them with filter effects, and share them with friends and followers in a photo feed or send them directly to friends. Messenger allows communicating with people and businesses alike across a range of platforms and devices. WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging application that is used by people around the world and is available on a range of mobile platforms. Its Oculus virtual reality technology and content platform offers products that allow people to enter an interactive environment to play games, consume content and connect with others.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
The projected upper bound is: 172.20.
The projected lower bound is: 161.10.
The projected closing price is: 166.65.
FACEBOOK INC A closed down -1.420 at 166.320. Volume was 29% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 48% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
167.860 168.380 166.180 166.320 12,614,477
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 168.63 162.03 141.73
Volatility: 18 22 21
Volume: 12,957,281 17,479,706 18,647,922
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FACEBOOK INC A is currently 17.3% above its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is extremely low when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that there will be an increase in volatility along with sharp price fluctuations in the near future. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume out of FB.O (mildly bearish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on FB.O and have had this outlook for the last 0 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 43.7038. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 21 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 48.69. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 13 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -100. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 3 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 15 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019