Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) Moderation Policies Revealed
- The Guardian Leaks ‘expose peculiar Facebook moderation policy’
- The Guardian said Facebook’s moderators were “overwhelmed” and had only seconds to decide if posts should stay.
- It said the manuals revealed the criteria used to judge if posts were too violent, sexual, racist, hateful or supported terrorism.
- British MPs said social media giants were “failing” to tackle toxic content.
- Facebook AI ‘will identify terrorists’
- Facebook faces huge hate speech fines
- Facebook has not commented on the authenticity of the documents
- The policies Facebook used to judge content were “inconsistent” and “peculiar”.
- The decision-making process for judging whether content about sexual topics should stay or go were among the most “confusing”, they said.
- Facebook’s head of global policy management, said: “We work hard to make Facebook as safe as possible, while enabling free speech. This requires a lot of thought into detailed and often difficult questions, and getting it right is something we take very seriously,”
- Facebook and other social media companies “shamefully far” from tackling the spread of hate speech and other illegal and dangerous content.
- Soon after, Facebook revealed it had set out to hire more than 3,000 more people to review content.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
The projected upper bound is: 151.81.
The projected lower bound is: 144.70.
The projected closing price is: 148.26.
FACEBOOK INC A closed up 0.400 at 148.060. Volume was 100% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 12% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
148.445 149.390 147.960 148.060 52
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 149.27 144.23 130.91
Volatility: 24 16 21
Volume: 14,774,925 16,079,436 18,553,760
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FACEBOOK INC A is currently 13.1% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely high when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that volatility will decrease and prices will stabilize in the near term. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into FB.O (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on FB.O and have had this outlook for the last 20 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 34.4989. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 1 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 52.73. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 8 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -77. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 0 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 7 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Wilmar International HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Golden Agri-Resources HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Holdings HEFFX Highlights - August 4, 2019