Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) HEFFX Monthly Overview
- Stories from The Guardian delved into how Facebook handles illicit content on its site. One story detailed Facebook’s manual for moderators who review posts flagged as objectionable. The manual gives specific examples of what’s OK and what’s not. For instance, photos of animal abuse or bullying of children can reportedly be shared, while calling for an assassination cannot.
- The Guardian said Facebook’s moderators were “overwhelmed” and had only seconds to decide if posts should stay.
- British MPs said social media giants were “failing” to tackle toxic content.
- Facebook AI ‘will identify terrorists’
- Facebook faces huge hate speech fines
- Facebook has been fined $122Million by the European commission for providing misleading information about data-sharing between Facebook and WhatsApp
- Facebook Aims To Beat Twitch At Livestreaming Esports
- Court dismisses lawsuit blaming Facebook for Palestinian uprising
- Facebook attempting to fight Bogus live streams with stricter rules
- Facebook Live murder and suicide videos have continued spreading.
- An anonymous group of ex-Muslims has slammed Facebook for its censorship of anti-Islamic content
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
The projected upper bound is: 156.06.
The projected lower bound is: 148.69.
The projected closing price is: 152.37.
FACEBOOK INC A closed up 0.170 at 152.130. Volume was 100% below average (consolidating) and Bollinger Bands were 22% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
152.230 152.250 151.150 152.130 40,536
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 149.10 145.29 131.54
Volatility: 26 16 21
Volume: 16,041,210 16,205,308 18,517,210
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FACEBOOK INC A is currently 15.7% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is high as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of FB.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on FB.O and have had this outlook for the last 25 periods. The security price has set a new 14-period high while our momentum oscillator has not. This is a bearish divergence.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 92.1952. This is an overbought reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses below 80 The last signal was a buy 6 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 64.74. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 13 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 119.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a buy 5 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 12 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- United Overseas Bank HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- COSCO Shipping International HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019