Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) HEFFX Highlights
- From the corridors of Congress to the hallways of the Houses of Parliament, politicians are becoming increasingly worried about what Facebook is costing society.
- But the financial cost to Facebook itself to try to clean up its social media platform could be high too, even if investors appear to have closed their ears to the fretting among the political class about the need to ensure elections are free from disinformation from Russia.
- Facebook shares are hovering near an all-time high, despite Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and chief executive, warning this month that the cost of defending against people manipulating the platform would hit profits.
- “I wanted our investors to hear that directly from me,” he said on the group’s earnings call at the start of November.
Facebook, Inc. is focused on building products that enable people to connect and share through mobile devices, personal computers and other surfaces. The Company’s products include Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp and Oculus. Facebook enables people to connect, share, discover and communicate with each other on mobile devices and personal computers. Instagram enables people to take photos or videos, customize them with filter effects, and share them with friends and followers in a photo feed or send them directly to friends. Messenger allows communicating with people and businesses alike across a range of platforms and devices. WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging application that is used by people around the world and is available on a range of mobile platforms. Its Oculus virtual reality technology and content platform offers products that allow people to enter an interactive environment to play games, consume content and connect with others.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
The projected upper bound is: 189.35.
The projected lower bound is: 176.68.
The projected closing price is: 183.02.
FACEBOOK INC A closed up 1.910 at 182.780. Volume was 40% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 55% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
180.400 183.150 180.290 182.780 9,426,283
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 179.61 174.62 157.85
Volatility: 14 23 20
Volume: 11,341,769 15,277,247 16,122,596
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FACEBOOK INC A is currently 15.8% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is relatively normal as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of FB.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on FB.O and have had this outlook for the last 34 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 90.0907. This is an overbought reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses below 80 The last signal was a sell 14 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 64.52. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 15 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 182.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a sell 15 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 0 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- United Overseas Bank HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- COSCO Shipping International HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019