Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) HEFFX Highlights
- Facebook is planning to fight possible election rigging with help from people with national security clearances, according to a new report.
- The world’s largest social network is planning to hire people with national security clearances to prevent foreign governments from using its service to impact elections, Bloomberg is reporting, citing people who claim to have knowledge of its plans.
- Employees with national security clearances can access classified U.S. government information. Facebook would need to petition the U.S. for the employee to receive the information because clearances are deactivated after a person leaves the government’s employ, according to the report.
- Facebook has been at the epicenter of a controversy that suggests Russians used social media services, including its own, to strategically impact public opinion and sway the electorate towards President Donald Trump in the 2016 election.
- Facebook has acknowledged that its service was used by Russians and said last month that the Russian government bought $100,000 in ads during the election.
Facebook, Inc. is focused on building products that enable people to connect and share through mobile devices, personal computers and other surfaces. The Company’s products include Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp and Oculus. Facebook enables people to connect, share, discover and communicate with each other on mobile devices and personal computers. Instagram enables people to take photos or videos, customize them with filter effects, and share them with friends and followers in a photo feed or send them directly to friends. Messenger allows communicating with people and businesses alike across a range of platforms and devices. WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging application that is used by people around the world and is available on a range of mobile platforms. Its Oculus virtual reality technology and content platform offers products that allow people to enter an interactive environment to play games, consume content and connect with others.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 180.36.
The projected lower bound is: 168.87.
The projected closing price is: 174.62.
FACEBOOK INC A closed up 0.780 at 174.520. Volume was 31% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 1% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
174.490 175.000 174.060 174.520 11,498,752
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 171.95 170.28 150.85
Volatility: 13 22 20
Volume: 12,072,651 13,783,604 16,904,872
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FACEBOOK INC A is currently 15.7% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is high as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of FB.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on FB.O and have had this outlook for the last 6 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 70.5444. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 13 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 60.33. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 48 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 130.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a sell 4 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 7 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- United Overseas Bank HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- COSCO Shipping International HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019