Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) HEFFX Highlights
- FOR THE MOMENT, it looks like the American people won’t be be able to see Russian-linked social-media ads that were used to influence the 2016 election.During a press conference on Wednesday, Senator Mark Warner, a Democrat from Virginia, said it is important that
- During a press conference on Wednesday, Senator Mark Warner, a Democrat from Virginia, said it is important that that the American public sees the ads submitted to the Senate intelligence committee investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election.
- But Warner and committee Chair Richard Burr, a North Carolina Republican, say the panel will not release the ads—or any documents provided by witnesses or companies.Burr said the companies are free to release the ads themselves.
- But Facebook, Twitter, and Google do not seem likely to offer that level of transparency. Facebook and Google did not immediately respond to requests for comment from WIRED, but Business Insider reported that a person close to Facebook said that company will not release any of the more than 3,000 ads it has linked to Russian entities and turned over to Congress.
- A statement from a Twitter spokesperson did not address whether ads the company turned over to Congress would be made public.
- Burr said the companies are free to release the ads themselves. But Facebook, Twitter, and Google do not seem likely to offer that level of transparency.
Facebook, Inc. is focused on building products that enable people to connect and share through mobile devices, personal computers and other surfaces. The Company’s products include Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp and Oculus. Facebook enables people to connect, share, discover and communicate with each other on mobile devices and personal computers. Instagram enables people to take photos or videos, customize them with filter effects, and share them with friends and followers in a photo feed or send them directly to friends. Messenger allows communicating with people and businesses alike across a range of platforms and devices. WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging application that is used by people around the world and is available on a range of mobile platforms. Its Oculus virtual reality technology and content platform offers products that allow people to enter an interactive environment to play games, consume content and connect with others.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
The projected upper bound is: 174.64.
The projected lower bound is: 162.33.
The projected closing price is: 168.48.
FACEBOOK INC A closed down -1.540 at 168.420. Volume was 28% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 2% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
169.830 170.670 168.290 168.420 12,127,887
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 168.39 169.76 148.66
Volatility: 33 23 20
Volume: 16,834,556 15,926,924 16,910,792
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FACEBOOK INC A is currently 13.3% above its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is high as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of FB.O at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on FB.O and have had this outlook for the last 7 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 61.3931. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 5 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 47.89. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 40 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -8. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 5 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 14 period(s) ago.