Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) Fights Government Access To Its Data
- As Facebook is running out of places to put ads in News Feed, its core money maker, it is now turning to its other platforms — WhatsApp, Messenger and Instagram — for revenue growth.
- According to a report in ReCode, Facebook has determined that it can’t put more ads into users’ feeds without harming their experience.
- “The industry term for this is ratio of ads to other content, called ‘ad load’, and Facebook says News Feed’s ad load is all maxed out hinting that its revenue growth might slow down ‘meaningfully’ this year due to this,” the report said on Saturday.
- Technology companies and civil liberties groups have joined Facebook in a fight over government access to social media accounts.
- The Washington Post reports that the timing of the government’s request and other references in court documents suggest the search warrants relate to demonstrations during President Donald Trump’s inauguration, when more than 200 people were charged with rioting.
- A court order blocks Facebook from letting users know when law enforcement investigators ask to search their online information, particularly their political affiliations and comments.
- FACEBOOK has quietly introduced a brand new hello button so people can give each other a virtual wave.
- But it seems the brand-new feature has been causing endless embarrassment, with users complaining they’ve accidentally sent a hello to people they aren’t friends with, or even worse – ex-partners.
Facebook, Inc. is focused on building products that enable people to connect and share through mobile devices, personal computers and other surfaces. The Company’s products include Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp and Oculus. Facebook enables people to connect, share, discover and communicate with each other on mobile devices and personal computers. Instagram enables people to take photos or videos, customize them with filter effects, and share them with friends and followers in a photo feed or send them directly to friends. Messenger allows communicating with people and businesses alike across a range of platforms and devices. WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging application that is used by people around the world and is available on a range of mobile platforms. Its Oculus virtual reality technology and content platform offers products that allow people to enter an interactive environment to play games, consume content and connect with others.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 149.59.
The projected upper bound is: 165.47.
The projected lower bound is: 154.80.
The projected closing price is: 160.13.
FACEBOOK INC A closed up 0.710 at 159.970. Volume was 2% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 50% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
160.130 160.320 159.325 159.970 16,371,207
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 153.69 151.60 135.81
Volatility: 23 23 22
Volume: 15,451,702 17,568,032 18,791,304
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FACEBOOK INC A is currently 17.8% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is high as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume into FB.O (mildly bullish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on FB.O and have had this outlook for the last 3 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 96.3023. This is an overbought reading. However, a signal is not generated until the Oscillator crosses below 80 The last signal was a sell 13 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 66.54. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 46 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 154.This is an overbought reading. However, a signal isn’t generated until the indicator crosses below 100. The last signal was a buy 5 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 3 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- United Overseas Bank HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- COSCO Shipping International HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019