Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB) Facial Recognition Raises Fear
- Facebook is developing a video chat device that can recognise users’ faces, according to a new report.
- The box is said to be similar to the Amazon Echo Show, and will feature a camera, touchscreen and speakers.
- However, a person familiar with the project says consumers have told Facebook that they fear the device could be used to spy on them, Business Insider reports.
- The device has been codenamed Project Aloha, and is set to be released by Facebook in May 2018.
- However, it may hit the market under a new brand name.
- According to Business Insider, the social networking company is afraid that widespread consumer mistrust of Facebook will cripple the device.
- It conducted marketing studies for Project Aloha and reportedly received “overwhelming concern” that Project Aloha would help the company spy on users.
Facebook, Inc. is focused on building products that enable people to connect and share through mobile devices, personal computers and other surfaces. The Company’s products include Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp and Oculus. Facebook enables people to connect, share, discover and communicate with each other on mobile devices and personal computers. Instagram enables people to take photos or videos, customize them with filter effects, and share them with friends and followers in a photo feed or send them directly to friends. Messenger allows communicating with people and businesses alike across a range of platforms and devices. WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging application that is used by people around the world and is available on a range of mobile platforms. Its Oculus virtual reality technology and content platform offers products that allow people to enter an interactive environment to play games, consume content and connect with others.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are stalling.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
The projected upper bound is: 173.60.
The projected lower bound is: 162.58.
The projected closing price is: 168.09.
FACEBOOK INC A closed down -0.970 at 167.740. Volume was 22% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 48% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
168.880 169.290 166.410 167.740 14,030,420
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 168.80 161.70 141.52
Volatility: 17 22 21
Volume: 13,074,949 17,607,300 18,682,152
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FACEBOOK INC A is currently 18.5% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is extremely low when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that there will be an increase in volatility along with sharp price fluctuations in the near future. Our volume indicators reflect moderate flows of volume out of FB.O (mildly bearish). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on FB.O and have had this outlook for the last 32 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 63.1772. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 20 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 52.59. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 12 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is -68. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 2 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 14 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- United Overseas Bank HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- COSCO Shipping International HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019