F1: “Be patient as Ferrari Formula One builds back up to winning form”
Sebastian Vettel says he remains patient as Ferrari Formula 1 builds back up to winning form.
Before the Summer break, Red Bull overtook Ferrari as the 2nd-fastest team behind Mercedes, just as news was confirmed that technical boss James Allison had left.
“We have a lot of good people,” fellow driver Kimi Raikkonen said at Spa. “That’s not our problem. We just have to work harder.”
Indeed, The Scuderia brought a new specification of engine to the Belgian Grand Prix, not sure if they used it but the cars were faster in qualifying Saturday.
The Scuderia has anew bodywork package at Spa.
The Prancing Horse team has been developing all year but unfortunately the car is not going that much faster. Ferrari and Vettel may only win this year with luck.
Luckily for Ferrari, Mr. Vettel says he is patient.
“In Formula 1, some changes happen quickly but sometimes things can take longer,” he said.
“There were 4 weeks off but in reality we only had 1.5 weeks to respond to Hockenheim,” Mr. Vettel added.
“What we learned there will make a little difference here at Spa, but we will see more at the races after that,” he said.
“We have to solve every problem, and as quickly as possible.”
Ferrari sits 14 pts behind 2nd-placed Red Bull in the standings ahead of this weekend’s race in Belgium.
|NYSE:RACE||48.74||26 August 2016||0.34||48.35||48.94||48.26||884,400|
|HeffX-LTN Analysis for RACE:||Overall||Short||Intermediate||Long|
|Bullish (0.47)||Bullish (0.39)||Very Bullish (0.60)||Bullish (0.41)|
Belgian Grand Prix, Below are the results from qualifying at Spa-Francorchamps, as follows:
Click here to read our full qualifying report.
- Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1:46.744
- Max Verstappen Red Bull +0.149
- Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari +0.166
- Sebastian Vettel Ferrari +0.364
- Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull +0.472
- Sergio Perez Force India +0.663
- Nico Hulkenberg Force India +0.799
- Valtteri Bottas Williams +0.868
- Jenson Button McLaren +1.370
- Felipe Massa Williams +1.519
Date: Sunday, August 28
Time: 1 p.m. (BST)/8 a.m. (ET)
TV: Sky Sports F1/NBCSN
Live Stream: Sky Go/NBC Sports Live Extra
Latest posts by HEFFX (see all)
- Tesla Is Hiring Someone To Defend Elon Musk And Fend Off Attacks By Twitter Trolls - January 20, 2021
- PayPal Will Continue To Profit From A Huge Increase In Volume And Accounts - January 20, 2021
- Google’s Ethical AI Division Investigating Sharing of Sensitive Documents - January 20, 2021