F1: Monaco Grand Prix Will Keep Its ‘Grid Girls’
Monaco has defied John Malone’s no more grid girls edict for F 1.
In a statement issued on Thursday to F1i.com, Michel Boeri, President of the Automobile Club de Monaco, said our “grid girls” will be present on the starting line during the Monaco Grand Prix next month.
The announcement came in direct opposition to F1 parent company Liberty Media Corp.(NASDAQ:LMCA), which announced last year that it would abolish the practice of using young female hostesses during F1 events.
“We’ve had no problems with Liberty Media, except for the grid-girl issue,” said Mr. Boeri. “They’re pretty, and the cameras will be on them once again.”
Mr. Boeri, who hosts F1’s most glamorous event has aligned with against the US PC climate. The Grid Girls are here to stay in Monaco.
“Our hostesses complete model and PR schools. They perform during the Grand Prix at events that are in line with their training. And they are paid for it.”
“The grid girls look pretty and are part of the Formula 1 landscape,” Mr. Boeri said. “Why in the world should I stop 30 girls from earning a living?”
Liberty Media has since announced it would use “Grid Kids” to help in pre-race ceremonies. Humm!
Requests for comment from Liberty Media has not be answered.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Gold Prices Continue to Drive North - June 24, 2019
- Canopy Growth (NYSE:CDC) Stops Buying Small Marijuana Producers - June 24, 2019
- Wall Street: “Sanders Student Debt Plan Could Bring More Pain” - June 24, 2019