Claiming Pole position is often 50% the battle when it comes to winning a F1 race, but that has not always proven to be the case for MercedesAMG’s Valtteri Bottas.
Saturday afternoon Mr. Bottas put his MercedesAMG at the front of the grid for Sunday’s Azerbaijan Grand Prix after a dramatic qualifying session.
He edged out team-mate Lewis Hamilton by 0.059secs, with Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) Sebastian Vettel 3rd and Charles Leclerc to start the race 9th after crash out on Turn 8 in Q2, a shocker for him and Team Scuderia.
A routine race is unlikely and only 1 of the 3 F1 events in Baku has seen the Pole-sitter take the Chequered flag.
Max Verstappen will start 4th for Red Bull Racing, but his team-mate Pierre Gasly is set to begin the race from the pit-lane as punishment for missing the weighbridge in practice.
Mr. Leclerc branded himself “stupid” for his crash at T-8, should be primed to charge through the field after looking like the quickest man throughout the weekend.
MercedesAMG’s Chief Toto Wolff admitted: “Charles should have been on pole and I think if he had made it to Q3, he probably would have been, but ‘would haves’ do not count in Formula One.”
The Top 10 on the Grid
1. Valtteri Bottas (MercedesAMG)
2. Lewis Hamilton (MercedesAMG)
3. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
4. Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing)
5. Sergio Perez (Racing Point)
6. Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso)
7. Lando Norris (McLaren)
8. Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo)
9. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
10. Carlos Sainz (McLaren)
Ferrari is the Aristocrat of the automotive sector.
The iconic Italian Supercar manufacturer claimed the title according to the latest Brand Finance Global 500 2019 report launched at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
HeffX-LTN overall technical outlook for RACE is Bullish across the board, and there is very little resistance here and none above 140.26. All of our Key indicators are Very Bullish in here.
Tune in and enjoy the racing this weekend
Latest posts by HEFFX (see all)
- Tesla Is Hiring Someone To Defend Elon Musk And Fend Off Attacks By Twitter Trolls - January 20, 2021
- PayPal Will Continue To Profit From A Huge Increase In Volume And Accounts - January 20, 2021
- Google’s Ethical AI Division Investigating Sharing of Sensitive Documents - January 20, 2021