F1: Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) Sebastian Vettel on ‘The Pole’ at Canadian Grand Prix
Saturday afternoon in Montreal, Canada Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) Sebastian Vettel drove around the circuit fastest of all the racers to post his 54th F1 Pole position.
With that his main rival, MercedesAMG’s Lewis Hamilton learned that his 14-point championship lead could easily vanish, and Mr. Vettel will be back on Top Sunday afternoon.
In the race Sunday, the Top 6 drivers are separated by fewer than 4/10ths of a sec as Ferrari, MercedesAMG and Red Bull all ran for the Pole.
Mr. Hamilton seeking to match champion Michael Schumacher’s record of 7 poles in Montreal came 4th of the 6. As he was clearly out driven by Mr. Vettel in the Ferrari who ran the course with perfection on the long Montreal straights.
“I guess I woke up the right way,” said Mr. Vettel, who also thanked his mechanics for fixing his car after it sustained some damage during free practice.
“Today we switched on ‒ the car was incredible, it just kept getting quicker. On my last lap I had a small mistake, otherwise I think there was a bit more.”
Mr. Vettel was in Top form, “In every session we have made progress. In qualifying, the car grips up quite a lot, so you just have to follow the track. I’m very happy.”
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen finished Top of the time-sheets in every practice run, only to drop down to 3rd in a frantic, last-gasp effort.
The Official Qualifying Times:
- Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Ferrari 1min 10.764secs
- Valtteri Bottas (Fin) Mercedes GP 1:10.857
- Max Verstappen (Ned) Red Bull 1:10.937
- Lewis Hamilton (Gbr) Mercedes GP 1:10.996
- Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari 1:11.095
- Daniel Ricciardo (Aus) Red Bull 1:11.116
- Nico Hulkenberg (Ger) Renault 1:11.973
- Esteban Ocon (Fra) Force India 1:12.084
- Carlos Sainz (Spa) Renault 1:12.168
- Sergio Perez (Mex) Force India 1:12.671
- Kevin Magnussen (Den) Haas F1 1:12.606
- Brendon Hartley (Nzl) Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:12.635
- Charles Leclerc (Mon) Sauber-Ferrari 1:12.661
- Fernando Alonso (Spa) McLaren 1:12.856
- Stoffel Vandoorne (Bel) McLaren 1:12.865
- Pierre Gasly (Fra) Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:13.047
- Lance Stroll (Can) Williams 1:13.590
- Sergey Sirotkin (Rus) Williams 1:13.643
- Marcus Ericsson (Swe) Sauber-Ferrari 1:14.593
- Romain Grosjean(Fra) Haas F1 No Time
Sunday’s race scheduled to start at 2:00p EDT.
|NYSE:RACE||136.32||8 Jun 2018||-0.13||136.22||136.57||135.23||119,275|
|HeffX-LTN Analysis for RACE:||Overall||Short||Intermediate||Long|
|Bullish (0.42)||Bullish (0.31)||Bullish (0.36)||Very Bullish (0.58)|
Tune in and enjoy the racing Sunday.
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, the Cars Took to the Road - August 17, 2019
- Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) The Business of Formula One Racing - August 17, 2019
- Gold Finished Lower on the Day, Higher on the Week - August 16, 2019