F1: Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) Sebastian Vettel On the Pole at Bahrain
Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) Sebastian Vettel’s engine problems that surfaced at the end of FP 3 did not carry into qualifying where he pushed through to Q3, taking Pole position, and setting the lap record at Bahrain International Circuit with a 1:27.958.
Teammate, Kimi Räikkönen came 2nd fasted and lines up 2nd on the Grid.
Both Red Bull and MercedesAMG saw accidents and unreliability in their attempts.
Max Verstappen fell out in Q1, spinning into the wall and will start in 15th position.
MercedesAMG’ Valtteri Bottas managed 3rd, teammate Lewis Hamilton 4th, but with 5-place grid penalty for a transmission change starts 9th.
Toro Rosso-Honda will see its best race start of the season with Pierre Gasly benefiting from Hamilton’s penalty and starting in 5th, sharing the 3rd row with Haas’ Kevin Magnussen.
The Grid for Sunday’s race.
- Sebastian Vettel/Ferrari – 1:27.958
- Kimi Räikkönen/Ferrari – 1:28.101
- Valtteri Bottas/Mercedes – 1:28.124
- Daniel Ricciardo/Red Bull – 1:28.398
- Pierre Gasly/Toro Rosso-Honda – 1:29.329
- Kevin Magnussen/Haas – 1:29.358
- Nico Hülkenberg/Renault – 1:29.570
- Esteban Ocon/Force India – 1:29.874
- Lewis Hamilton/Mercedes – 1:28.220 (5-place grid penalty)
- Carlos Sainz/Renault – 1:29.986
- Brendon Hartley/Toro Rosso-Honda – 1:30.105
- Sergio Perez/Force India – 1:30.156
- Fernando Alonso/McLaren – 1:30.212
- Stoffel Vandoorne/McLaren – 1:30.525
- Max Verstappen/Red Bull – No Q2 time
- Romain Grosjean/Haas – 1:30.530
- Marcus Ericsson/Alfa Romeo Sauber – 1:31.063
- Sergey Sirotkin/Williams – 1:31.414
- Charles Leclerc/Alfa Romeo Sauber – 1:31.420
- Lance Stroll/Williams – 1:31.503
Here are all the viewing details you need for 1 of the most entertaining races of the year; the Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir.
Date: Sunday, 8 April
Time: 4:10p(BST) 11:10a (EDT)
TV Info: Sky Sports F1 (UK), ESPN2 (US)
Enjoy the racing,
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- President Trump Leads All Dems in Battleground States - December 9, 2019
- Over 7,000,000 Jobs Created Under President Trump’s Policies, America is Working! - December 9, 2019
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Report - December 9, 2019