F1: Ferraris (NYSE:RACE) Finished 1-2 at Hungarian GP
Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) Sebastian Vettel drove to victory Sunday at the Hungarian Grand Prix, extending his advantage at the Top of the F1 driver standings.
Mr. Vettel led from the opening lap at the Hungaroring despite, keeping a safe distance from team-mate Kimi Raikkonen.
MercedesAMG’s Valtteri Bottas came 3rd ahead of Lewis Hamilton, who had earlier tried to pressure the Ferrari drivers.
Mr. Hamilton trails Mr. Vettel by 14 points in the standings in 2nd spot
Red Bull Racing’s Daniel Ricciardo retired on the opening lap, taken out by team-mate Max Verstappen.
The race highlights
It was no surprise to see this aggressive driving into the opening corner. And the 2 Red Bull men got a little too anxious.
Mr. Verstappen got carried away and locked up into the 2nd corner. That proved to be to the detriment of Mr. Ricciardo, as he lost control of his car and hit into the other Red Bull, thus Mr. Ricciardo’s race was over, and Mr. Verstappen handed a 10-sec penalty.
After the super start, the race settled down, as the drivers looked to preserve position ahead of a Key pit stop frame.
Sebastian Vettel led a Ferrari 1-2 in the Hungarian Grand Prix taking the Chequered Flag ahead of Kimi Raikkonen.
The MercedesAMG drivers swapped places 2x during the race. The last change of positions came on the last lap and Valtteri Bottas took the #3 podium position.
Max Verstappen took 5th place for Red Bull, Daniel Ricciardo retired after a hit at turn 2.
Fernando Alonso gave McLaren their best result of the season so far with 6th position. He overtook Carlos Sainz Jnr and set the fastest lap on the penultimate lap.
Stoffel Vandoorne took his 1st point of the year in 10th place, separated by his team mate by Carlos Sainz and the 2 Force Indias.
Romain Grosjean joined Mr. Ricciardo in retirement after leaving his pits with a suspected cross-threaded wheel nut.
Paul di Resta also failed to finish when Williams called him in with 9 laps to go.
Nico Hulkenberg dropped out 3 laps from the Chequered Flag.
Hungary Grand Prix Results Top 10
1. Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:39:46.713 25pts
2. Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari +0.908s 18pts
3. Valtteri Bottas MercedesAMG +12.462s 15pts
4. Lewis Hamilton MercedesAMG +12.885s 12pts
5. Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer +13.276s 10pts
6. Fernando Alonso McLaren Honda +71.223s 8pts
7. Carlos Sainz Toro Rosso+1 lap 6pts
8. Sergio Perez Force India Mercedes +1 lap 4pts
9. Esteban Ocon Force India Mercedes +1 lap 2pts
10. Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren Honda +1 lap 1pts
Below are the standings for the Drivers Championship and the standings for the Constructors Championship.
F1 Drivers Championship
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull||117|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull||67|
|Sergio Pérez||Force India||56|
|Esteban Ocon||Force India||45|
|Carlos Sainz Jr.||Toro Rosso||35|
|Daniil Kvyat||Toro Rosso||4|
F1 Constructors Championship
|Red Bull Racing-Tag HEUER||184|
Have a terrific week
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Ed Ruscha’s ‘Radio’ Hammers for Record $52.5-M at Christie’s - November 22, 2019
- Gold is More Than a Safe Haven Asset - November 22, 2019
- The Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - November 22, 2019