F1: Ferrari Faster than Mercedes on Day 2 of Testing in Barcelona
Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) Team driver Kimi Raikkonen topped the time sheets on the 2nd day of pre-season testing at Barcelona, besting MBZ-AMG’s Lewis Hamilton despite running on slower tires.
Mr. Raikkonen’s best-of-test lap time of 1:20.960, was faster than Mr. Hamilton’s morning benchmark, was set on soft tires, while Mr. Hamilton had been running on supersofts.
It was also over 0.06sec quicker than Mr. Hamilton had managed on the same compound earlier in the day.
There is no way of knowing the fuel loads on either car or their power settings.
What is clear though is that both teams have made an Super-impressive start to the Spring with Valtteri Bottas, Mr. Hamilton’s new teammate at MercedesAMG, completing a full race simulation in the afternoon session despite spinning into the wall.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen came 3rd quickest for Red Bull but over a sec behind Mr. Raikkonen.
But there was pain and misery for McLaren after an enforced engine change restricted Stoffel Vandoorne to just 40 laps and the penultimate place in the time sheets.
Williams also had a poor day after a spin for debutante Lance Stroll broke a part on his FW40 which could not be repaired on site.
F1: DAY 2 TIME SHEET
1. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 108 laps, soft tyres, 1:20.960
2. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 66 laps, supersoft tyres, 1:20.983
3. Max Verstappen, Red Bull, 89 laps, soft tyres, 1:22.200
4. Kevin Magnussen, Haas, 100 laps, supersoft tyres, 1:22.204
5. Esteban Ocon, Force India, 86 laps, 1:22.509
6. Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso, 68 laps, 1:22.956
7. Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes, 102 laps, 1:22.986
8. Jolyon Palmer, Renault, 53 laps, 1:24.139;
9. Antonio Giovinazzi, Sauber, 67 laps, 1:24.617;
10. Stoffel Vandoorne, McLaren, 40 laps, 1:25.600
11. Lance Stroll, Williams, 12 laps, 1:26.040
|NYSE:RACE||65.06||28 February 2017||-0.76||65.25||65.73||64.98||373,300|
|HeffX-LTN Analysis for RACE:||Overall||Short||Intermediate||Long|
|Very Bullish (0.56)||Bullish (0.44)||Bullish (0.44)||Very Bullish (0.79)|
Latest posts by HEFFX (see all)
- Tesla Is Hiring Someone To Defend Elon Musk And Fend Off Attacks By Twitter Trolls - January 20, 2021
- PayPal Will Continue To Profit From A Huge Increase In Volume And Accounts - January 20, 2021
- Google’s Ethical AI Division Investigating Sharing of Sensitive Documents - January 20, 2021