F1: Fans Demanded the Roar of the Engines, So the Sounds are Coming Back
$RACE, $HMC, $VLKAY
F1 is set to revise its engine specs from Y 2021 onwards, as many have been calling for the current 1.6-litre V6 Hybrid to be sacked.
The fans have been complaining about the noise, while since Y 2014, we have seen 2 manufacturers drop from the grid due to the high costs.
Everything is set to change from Y 2021 onwards with the FIA looking to introduce cheaper and louder engines, with the aim of pleasuring both fans and manufacturers.
During the meeting, it became clear that the manufacturers and teams want to take a different course in the future.
The V6 era looks set to end in Y 2021, thought some aspects of the technology will remain, according to reports.
Volkswagen (OTCMKT:VLKAY) was also present at the meeting, suggesting they are interested in entering the sport when the new era happens.
FIA President Jean Todt said: “I was very pleased with the process, and the fact that so many different stakeholders were able to agree on a direction for the FIA Formula One World Championship in such an important technical area.”
“Of course, now we must sit down and work through the fine details of exactly what the 2021 power units will be — but we have begun on the right foot, and I am looking forward to working through the process to come up with the best decision for Formula One into the future.”
Only Honda (NYSE:HMC) have entered the sport post V6 introduction and have been massively playing catch up since Y 2015, turning away any interest from other major manufacturers.
Expect Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) to come back with it signature High Power Sounds.
It is not yet clear what the specific engine deal will be, however, the FIA has laid out their objectives.
- A desire to maintain F1 as the pinnacle of motorsport technology, and as a laboratory for developing technology that is relevant to road cars
- Striving for future power units to be powerful, while becoming simpler and less costly to develop and produce
- Improving the sound of the power units
- A desire to allow drivers to drive harder at all times
Everything old is new again.
Have a terrific week,
Latest posts by HEFFX Australia (see all)
- Bitcoin: BTC/USD (BTC=X) Breakout? - August 6, 2020
- Gold 1 OZ (XAU=X) Could Rise Further Amid Uncertainty Over Rising Inflation - August 6, 2020
- Euro: EUR/USD (EUR=X) Maintains Its Bullish Tone - August 6, 2020