F1: Brazil Raceweek, Ferrari (NYSE:RACE) and Vettel Eye a Boost
Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) Sebastian Vettel will be attempt to keep the battle for the constructors’ title alive this weekend at Brazil.
Mr. Vettel’s desire to being crowned world champion ended when Lewis Hamilton finished 4th in Mexico, allowing him to claim a 5th F1 title.
The Scuderia driving tea, of Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen crossed the line in 2nd and 3rd place respectively at Mexico, cutting MercedesAMGs’ advantage to 55 points for the constructor’s championship with 2 races remaining.
Ferrari must secure at least 13 points more than MercedesAMG to take the duel for the constructors’ crown to the season-ending race in Abu Dhabi.
Mr. Vettel won at Interlagos last year and has earned more points at the Brazilian Grand Prix than any other driver in the history of that race.
Below is a look at some of the Key stats around the penultimate weekend of the Y 2018 F1 campaign, as follows:
- Mr. Hamilton has failed to win the race following both title victories that have come before the end of a season in Ys 2015 and 2017. He was 2nd in Mexico in 2015 and then 4th in Brazil last year.
- MercedesAMG have taken pole position at the last 4 races: Nico Rosberg (2), Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas.
- Mr. Vettel has earned 146 points in Brazil, more than any other driver. Fernando Alonso is 2nd on the list, managing 112.
- Red Bull Racing’s Max Verstappen has set the fastest lap at the last 2 races in Brazil, only Michael Schumacher has done so 3X running (1993-1995).
- If MercedesAMG wins the constructors’ title for a 5th time, the German team will break out of a tie with Red Bull Racing on the all-time list. Ferrari leads with 16, ahead of Williams (9), McLaren (8) and Lotus (7).
F1 teams will have police escorts at Brazilian Grand Prix
This weekend racing schedule
The Brazilian Grand Prix will take place on Sunday, 11 November 2018.
The race will begin at 3:10p local time.
Free Practice 1 will be held Friday, 9 October 2018 at 11:00a local time
Free Practice 2 will be held on the same day at 3:00p local time
Free Practice 3 will be held Saturday, 10th October 2018 at 12:00 Noon local time
Qualifying will be held on Saturday at 3:00p local time
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- 2020: Gauging the Collector Car Market - January 18, 2020
- 2020: Wall Street Extends Rally Ahead of a Long Holiday Weekend - January 17, 2020
- Wall Street’s Key Stock Analysts Research Reports - January 17, 2020