Euro (€) ⇨ US Dollar ($) (EURUSD) 100 Billion Demand Dismissed
The Euro Pound (EUR GBP) exchange rate briefly spiked this morning following reports that the UK would have to foot a €100bn ‘divorce’ bill for leaving the EU.
EU’s chief negotiator dismisses 100 billion euro Brexit demand.
European union leaders anonymously approved to a commitment protecting Ireland’s interests and a guarantee that Northern Ireland could rejoin the EU as part of a united Ireland.
EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier said there was no desire to punish Britain but “its accounts must be settled”.
On EU citizens living in the UK, Mr Tusk called for “effective, enforceable, non-discriminatory and comprehensive” guarantees.
- 29 April – EU leaders (excluding the UK) meet in Brussels to adopt Brexit negotiating guidelines
- 7 May – French voters decide between Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen as their next president
- 8 June – UK parliamentary election – Brexit talks to start soon after the vote
- 24 September – German parliamentary election, with Mrs Merkel seeking a fourth term
- 29 March 2019 – Deadline for ending talks on UK exit terms (any extension requires agreement of all member states)
- May or June 2019 – European Parliament election (without UK)
- Ratification – Any Brexit deal requires approval by European Council majority (20 out of 27 states) and by European Parliament; a trade deal requires EU-wide parliamentary approval
The RSI is greater than 70. Look for a possible buy signal if the Daily chart shows an uptrend
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are ranging.
By the way, prices are vulnerable to a correction towards 1.08.
The projected upper bound is: 1.11.
The projected lower bound is: 1.08.
The projected closing price is: 1.09.
A black body occurred (because prices closed lower than they opened).
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 64.6461. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a sell 3 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 65.99. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 5 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 70. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a sell 3 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a buy 11 period(s) ago.
Rex Takasugi – TD Profile
FOREX EUR= closed down -0.001 at 1.092. Volume was 32% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 63% wider than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
1.093 1.094 1.090 1.092 77,616
Short Term: Overbought
Intermediate Term: Bullish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 1.09 1.07 1.08
Volatility: 8 9 9
Volume: 100,284 105,600 110,048
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
FOREX EUR= is currently 0.8% above its 200-period moving average and is in an upward trend. Volatility is relatively normal as compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of EUR= at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bullish on EUR= and have had this outlook for the last 7 periods.
“Investing in Thailand? Contact Us.”
The European Union Explain
Latest posts by S. Jack Heffernan Ph.D (see all)
- Asian Market Update - October 25, 2019
- American Airlines Up, Evidence the Trump Economy is Strong - October 24, 2019
- Google Under Siege in France - October 24, 2019