Daydream Island Resort has reopened. The premium property offers 277 rooms and suites, three restaurants, bars and event spaces.
WHAT IS IT?
Located in the Great Barrier Reef, Daydream Island is one of 74 islands that make up The Whitsundays and has recently undergone a AUD100m redevelopment.
WHAT’S SO SPECIAL?
Apart from being right on the Great Barrier Reef? Well, the resort’s Living Reef is a 200 metre coral lagoon that wraps around the central building, holds 1.5 million litres of water and more than 100 species of fish, rays, coral, and other Reef creatures.
The Living Reef has an Underwater Observatory where you can watch Dory and friends go about their day, and the Educational Centre, which has eight living habitat displays as well as an interactive ‘touch pool’.
The Underwater Observatory at Daydream Island Resort, The Whitsundays, QLD
3 WAYS TO INCLUDE THE LIVING REEF IN YOUR PROGRAM
- Hold a sit-down dinner in the air-conditioned Underwater Observatory for up to 30 people.
- Organise a Living Reef Guided Tour, a brand-new experience where groups of up to six people can snorkel the Living Reef with a marine biologist.
- Arrange for one of the Marine Biologists on the island to be a guest speaker at your event to share their passion and knowledge of the Reef.
Infinity’s Teppanyaki Suite, Daydream Island Resort, The Whitsundays, QLD
LET’S TALK SHOP
From private dining spaces to an outdoor cinema, the resort has a range of event spaces for you to choose from. Here are our top three:
Infinity, one of three restaurants in the resort, features a wraparound balcony and floor to ceiling glass windows that look out to the ocean. It can accommodate 200 people seated and 250 for cocktail events.
Eclipse Room and Terrace
The Eclipse room has an expansive outdoor terrace that looks out to the west of the island onto the beach, perfect for sunset views. Combined with the terrace, it can accommodate 180 people seated or 200 for a cocktail event.
Open Air Cinema Lawn
Grab your popcorn and a deckchair, Daydream Island has its own open air Cinema. Featuring a 13 metre cinema screen and located right next to Sunset Beach, this area can accommodate up to 250 people seated or 300 for a cocktail event.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- How to get there? Access to Daydream Island is via a 30-minute boat transfer from Hamilton Island. Hamilton Island Airport has direct services from Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
- Your own private island…Exclusive use of Daydream island is available for groups of 200-300 guests.
- Location, location, location…Daydream Island is located on the Great Barrier Reef, giving you immediate access to this World Heritage-listed Marine Park
GET IN TOUCH
Contact Jayson Heron – Director of Sales & Marketing
+61 2 9474 7406
Latest posts by HEFFX Australia (see all)
- Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG) Expands Device Lineup: Key Made by Google Takeaways - October 17, 2019
- Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) expected to report third-quarter results after the bell on Oct. 23 - October 17, 2019
- Ethereum: USD/ETH (ETH=) Plummets Towards $170 Amidst Crypto Market Sell-Off - October 17, 2019