Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) is blocking the petition, and the triple amputee was attacked by Jimmy Kimmel and Alyssa Milano personally triggering an outpouring of attacks.
So far, having raided over $17-M in only 8 days via crowd funding for “We The People Will Fund The Wall,” distinguished USAF Vet Brian Kolfage writes that he is facing death threats against his family, censorship of his petition on Twitter, and potential legal challenges for his efforts to crowd source the border Wall fund for the government.
Brian’s update on his GoFundMe campaign page described anti-wall individuals “calling for the death of my wife and children.”
“Attacks on my family,” the update read. “Just want to let you guys know everything is OK with us. After Jimmy Kimmel and Alyssa Milano came after me personally, it triggered an outpouring of attacks.
People have been calling for the death of my wife and children; it will not be tolerated. Please do your best to report anything you see like this to the proper authorities.
“WE WILL NOT BE DETERRED! KEEP RALLYING!”
In a Christmas Eve Tweet Monday, Mr. Kolfage announced he will be taking his campaign to lawmakers in Washington, DC, Wednesday due to claims the government will be unable to use the funds raised online for building the wall.
“Flying to DC on wed to meet lawmakers and very special people who will make this all happen,” he Tweeted. “Don’t listen to people saying it can’t happen. NOTHING is impossible when you are motivated!
“Just like doctors who said I would never walk because it has never been done. #GoFundTheWall.”
Later on Christmas Eve, Kolfage Tweeted a claim his petition to build the Wall – requesting 100-M signatures was blocked by Twitter, posting a screen shot of a violation of Twitter’s terms of service.
He Tweeted again Christmas Day his domain was still being blocked by Twitter.
Just a few hours later Tuesday, Brian celebrated breaking the $17-M mark in his GoFundMe campaign: “$17 MILLION!!! $1,000,000 in donations on Christmas!? Wow Americans are stepping up!”
Brian’s campaign posted bullet points on how he will work with lawmakers to make sure the funds go toward building the wall:
• “Republican Representative Warren Davidson (OH) has bill on the table right now HR 7207 that if passed with Gov Funding bill we can give the funds towards the wall, and with our contractual guarantee to only be used on the wall.
• “Representative Andy Harris (R-MD) Introduced the Border Wall Bonds Act of 2018, if passed with the Gov Funding bill it will allow us to donate towards the wall. This Act funds only for the construction of the Wall, nothing else.
• “100% of your donations will go to The Trump Wall.
• “We are working with a law firm on a legal document that will bind the government to using the funds for the border wall itself, nothing else.
• “We will hold all funds and not release a single penny until we have all legal aspects covered to ensure our money goes only to the wall.”
Making and Keeping America Great
Latest posts by Paul Ebeling (see all)
- Ferrari’s (NYSE:RACE) New F8 Tributo Spider - September 14, 2019
- The Trump Campaign Chasing Supporters Who Did Not Vote in 2016 - September 14, 2019
- Majority of Business Leaders Say President Trump Will Win in 2020 - September 14, 2019