Dell EMC Ready Solutions for AI help customers accelerate time to insights by providing pre-designed and pre-validated solutions ideal for ML and DL. The Deep Learning with Intel design can reduce total cost of ownership by up to 24% over a three-year period while providing double the compute time and 10 times the storage capacity than running the same workload on a leading public cloud AI service, according to research and analyst firm Enterprise Strategy Group2. It is the first industry solution with Nauta software, an Intel-led open source initiative for distributed deep learning using Kubernetes. Once deployed, users gain a simplified path to AI-powered applications with an easy-to-set-up solution that lets them focus on building models that generate value instead of constructing IT infrastructure.
Dell EMC Ready Solutions for AI are powered by Dell EMC PowerEdge servers, PowerSwitch networking, and Isilon scale-out NAS storage. Deep Learning with Intel also benefits from the newest AI capabilities of the 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and Nauta Enterprise software. With its scalable approach, customers can grow their deep learning environments as needed. It is available to customers today, pre-configured with the open source TensorFlow distributed deep learning framework and libraries for data modeling.
Dell Technologies Services further simplify AI and HPC deployments
Dell Technologies Consulting Services helps customers implement and operationalize Ready Solutions for AI technologies and libraries, and scale their data engineering and data science capabilities. Once deployed, ProSupport experts provide comprehensive hardware and collaborative software support to help ensure optimal system performance and minimize downtime. Additionally, Education Services offers courses and certifications on data science, advanced analytics and more.
Dell Technologies Services also has expanded its ProDeploy and ProSupport Enterprise Suite offerings to include ProDeploy for HPC and ProSupport Add-on for HPC services3. This helps make the process of implementing an HPC solution simple, flexible and worry free–from installation and configuration to ongoing, comprehensive, single source support.
Dell Technologies HPC deployments fuel innovation and AI initiatives
Dell Technologies continues to collaborate with customers worldwide to deploy HPC and AI solutions that fuel a wide range of industry improvements and research activity.
- Norson Design provides advanced solutions for the high-speed marine sector and is designing faster, safer and more efficient boats by working with Supercomputing Wales4, and its joint Atos Dell EMC Supercomputing Center of Excellence, as well as a team of researchers at Swansea University. Using HPC simulations and computational fluid dynamics, Norson Design can better understand the complex nature of how boats, water and air interact, and efficiently generate AI-developed aerodynamic and hydrodynamic designs for high-speed vessels.
- Verne Global, located on a former NATO base in Iceland, operates a vast, industrial scale data center campus, powered by 100% renewable energy. This campus supports a wide range of customers, including manufacturing enterprises and financial, research and life science institutions, whose competitiveness depends on HPC, AI and data-driven applications. With the support of Dell EMC HPC solutions, Verne Global is providing specialist HPC and AI cloud and colocation services to more than 40 organizations.
- The University of Liverpool, a globally-focused institution with multiple physical and virtual campuses across Liverpool, London, Suzhou, Singapore and online, is arming researchers and students with HPC resources to increase collaborative and inter-disciplinary work. Leveraging a hybrid system that brings together on-premises and public cloud resources, the university has created a unified environment, powered by Dell EMC PowerEdge servers and Alces Flight software, that connects to the public cloud and serves as a catalyst for discovery across a wide range of disciplines.
- Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) at The University of Texas at Austin is helping advance research and discovery with its new, National Science Foundation-supported Frontera supercomputer, ranked for the first time as one of the top 10 highest performing supercomputers on the latest Top500 list. Frontera leverages Dell EMC PowerEdge servers and Dell EMC Isilon unstructured data storage solutions in combination with 2nd generation Intel Xeon scalable processors, Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory, CoolIT Systems high-density Direct Contact Liquid Cooling and high performance Mellanox HDR 200Gb/s InfiniBand interconnect to open up new possibilities in science and engineering.
Dell Technologies expands AI and HPC industry collaboration
Dell Technologies also announces new relationships with appliedAI and MOSAICrOWN.
Based in Germany, appliedAI is one of Europe’s largest non-profit initiatives for the application of artificial intelligence technology. Part of UnternehmerTUM, the largest non-profit innovation and entrepreneurship center, it is comprised of more than 25 technology companies and industry, ecosystem, international and academic partners and aims to accelerate the adoption of AI.
The MOSAICrOWN project5 aims to create new privacy preserving data markets for data sharing and collaborative analytics in multi-owner scenarios. The project consortium is led by the University of Milan, and includes partners such as Dell Technologies, Mastercard and SAP. The Dell Technologies research team based in Cork, Ireland, is leading the effort to develop secure data market solutions for the intelligent connected vehicle industry.
Both appliedAI and MOSAICrOWN will receive access to computing cycles from Dell Technologies’ supercomputing system Zenith, recognized as one of the industry’s TOP500 highest performing HPC systems, within the Dell EMC HPC and AI Innovation Lab.
- Dell EMC Ready Solutions for AI, Deep Learning with Intel is available now in select countries with worldwide availability expected in Q4 of 2019.
- New designs for Dell EMC Ready Solutions for HPC Digital Manufacturing, including for Altair HyperWorks™, ANSYS Fluent®, ANSYS® Mechanical™, Dassault Systèmes SIMULIA®, LSTC LS-DYNA® and Siemens’ Simcenter™ STAR-CCM+™ software, are available now.