DBS Group Holdings Ltd (SGX:D05) One Of Singapores Most Valuable Brands
- DBS says PH needs to guard against economic overheating
- DBS is maintaining China/Hong Kong as its key “overweight” market this year. Although the market is showing a technical overbought signal, it should resume on its uptrend after some consolidation.
- Emkay and DBS ink pact for equity research distribution
- The agreement involves sharing of knowledge, co-branding of research and its distribution to the global clients of DBS Vickers, Emkay said in a statement today
- DBS, OCBC, UOB dominate Singapore’s most valuable brands for 2017
- DBS outshines rivals in terms of pre-provision operating profit
- It registered the highest PPoP growth with an 8% CAGR.
- Out of the three big banks in Singapore, DBS reported the highest growth in terms of pre-provision operating profit (PPoP), clocking in a 3-year CAGR of 8%.
- This is in comparison to OCBC’s 6.8 and UOB’s 4.5% CAGR in PPoP.
DBS Group Holdings Ltd is an investment holding company. The Company performs its operation through its subsidiary, DBS Bank Ltd (the Bank), which is engaged in a range of commercial banking and financial services, principally in Asia. The Company’s operating segments include Consumer Banking/Wealth Management; Institutional Banking; Treasury, and Others. The Consumer Banking/Wealth Management segment provides individual customers with a range of banking and related financial services. The Institutional Banking segment provides financial services and products to institutional clients, including bank and non-bank financial institutions, government-linked companies, corporates, and small and medium-sized businesses. The Treasury segment provides treasury services to corporations, institutional and private investors, financial institutions and other market participants. The Others segment includes a range of activities from corporate decisions.
Overall, the bias in prices is: Upwards.
Short term: Prices are moving.
Intermediate term: Prices are trending.
Note: this chart shows extraordinary price action to the upside.
The projected upper bound is: 21.46.
The projected lower bound is: 20.16.
The projected closing price is: 20.81.
DBS GRP HLDGS closed up 0.190 at 20.780. Volume was 19% below average (neutral) and Bollinger Bands were 40% narrower than normal.
Open High Low Close Volume
20.680 20.860 20.670 20.780 3,789,400
Short Term: Neutral
Intermediate Term: Bearish
Long Term: Bullish
Moving Averages: 10-period 50-period 200-period
Close: 20.56 20.03 17.85
Volatility: 13 21 19
Volume: 4,602,211 4,555,734 5,049,052
Short-term traders should pay closer attention to buy/sell arrows while intermediate/long-term traders should place greater emphasis on the Bullish or Bearish trend reflected in the lower ribbon.
DBS GRP HLDGS is currently 16.4% above its 200-period moving average and is in an downward trend. Volatility is extremely low when compared to the average volatility over the last 10 periods. There is a good possibility that there will be an increase in volatility along with sharp price fluctuations in the near future. Our volume indicators reflect volume flowing into and out of DBSM.SI at a relatively equal pace (neutral). Our trend forecasting oscillators are currently bearish on DBSM.SI and have had this outlook for the last 1 periods.
Momentum is a general term used to describe the speed at which prices move over a given time period. Generally, changes in momentum tend to lead to changes in prices. This expert shows the current values of four popular momentum indicators.
One method of interpreting the Stochastic Oscillator is looking for overbought areas (above 80) and oversold areas (below 20). The Stochastic Oscillator is 68.8406. This is not an overbought or oversold reading. The last signal was a buy 7 period(s) ago.
Relative Strength Index (RSI)
The RSI shows overbought (above 70) and oversold (below 30) areas. The current value of the RSI is 58.40. This is not a topping or bottoming area. A buy or sell signal is generated when the RSI moves out of an overbought/oversold area. The last signal was a sell 22 period(s) ago.
Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
The CCI shows overbought (above 100) and oversold (below -100) areas. The current value of the CCI is 63. This is not a topping or bottoming area. The last signal was a buy 5 period(s) ago.
The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator (MACD) gives signals when it crosses its 9 period signal line. The last signal was a sell 16 period(s) ago.
Latest posts by John Heffernan (see all)
- Singapore Technologies Engineering HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- United Overseas Bank HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019
- COSCO Shipping International HEFFX Highlights - June 3, 2019